Hi, I'm juls82! Awarded LCWRA - is the amount I'm due correct & it is worth appealing for backpay? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm juls82! Awarded LCWRA - is the amount I'm due correct & it is worth appealing for backpay?

Options
juls82
juls82 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
I have been on uc since October 2019 , I moved over from income support I did not know I had to hand in fit notes so I asked my work coach at the start of December why I hadn’t had a medical to be told I had to hand in fit notes ,which I didn’t know as I had a fit note stating until further notice for my income support. As soon as I was told in December I had to hand in fit notes to u.c I started handed in in December. I had a medical 9 weeks ago and found out I passed and am now on lcwra and said I am due £362 , should I not be entitled to this per month? And due backdated money ? Even if only from I knew in December I had to hand in new fit notes my back payment should be more than £362 and can I ask for a m.r as been on u.c for a year and a half . Or an appeal, is it worth appealing? Tyia 
Tagged:

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @juls82 and welcome to our online community, how are you today?

I just need to ask a few more questions to help us better help you.  When you moved to Universal Credit (UC), did you report your health condition at the time and have you been receiving fit notes from your doctor for the entire duration?

Also, do you know what your assessment periods are so we can work out if you're owed any backdated money from December.

Just to let you know, I've tweaked the title of your thread and moved it to our UC category so others can spot it more easily :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

You monthly ,payment will be £343.63

I imagine the money you have had is your arrears as 8f you handed ingit notes from Dec there are 3 full months waiting period so dec wouldn't count as full month then Jan to Feb   Feb to Mar and Mar to Apr would be waiting months so may would be first payment which would make sense for the amount you have mentioned 

You can challenge if you want but rules are clear that you must provide continuous fit notes but they may take into account your note from before you moved over to uc but it will no doubt he too old to be counted 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.