Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Question about fit notes

Mayzi103Mayzi103 Member Posts: 5 Listener
So my fit note runs out sunday and i got an alert in my journal saying its gonna expire, yet my doctors appointment isnt until thursday, will they get funny about this as theres still gonna be 3 days left? bit confused by all this.

Replies

• woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,535 Disability Gamechanger
    would your GP issue a fit note over the phone, or back date it?
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
  • Mayzi103Mayzi103 Member Posts: 5 Listener
    woodbine said:

Sorry it doesn't run out until sunday the 20th my appointment is this thursday the 17th, just a bit worried as it says in my journal fit note expiry but theres 5 days left?
  • calcotticalcotti Member Posts: 2,255 Pioneering
    edited June 15
    Mayzi103 said:
    woodbine said:

Sorry it doesn't run out until sunday the 20th my appointment is this thursday the 17th, just a bit worried as it says in my journal fit note expiry but theres 5 days left?
    They are giving you advance warning so that you have time to get a new one. Would not be helpful if they reminded you after it had expired.

ask GP for new note to run on from the existing one.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
Sign in or join us to comment.