Will I still receive the LCWRA component if I'm also getting SSP? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Will I still receive the LCWRA component if I'm also getting SSP?

lmcarthur Member Posts: 12 Listener
edited June 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi have just been awarded lcwra from universal credit , my first fit note was back in February and since then I have been off work and receiving ssp, my work have agreed I am no longer fit for work and are going to pay me up till September my ssp for the full 28 weeks , my question is will I still receive lcwra component if I am still receiving ssp 


  • calcotti
    calcotti Member Posts: 6,297 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    lmcarthur said:
    ... my question is will I still receive lcwra component if I am still receiving ssp 
    Yes (unless you have a partner already getting LCWRA). The LCWRA increases your maximum UC amount. The SSP is taken into account as earnings in the normal way. If you were not already getting one having LCWRA will mean that you now also have a Work Allowance which means that the first £293 of earnings (if your claim includes a housing element) or £515 (if it does not) will be ignored. If the higher WA applies it would actually mean that all the SSP is ignored if those are the only earnings.

    If you were not previously getting a WA (which you will not have been unless you have children on the claim or a partner with LCW/LCWRA) then you should ask UC to recalculate your previous payments from February to now include the WA. This should result in you being owed arrears.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Cher_Inactive
    Cher_Inactive Posts: 4,400 Scope online community team
    Hi @lmcarthur

    Has @calcotti 's reply helped answer your question?  If you remain unsure in any way, please let us know.

    Just to advise, I've tweaked the title of your thread to make your question more visible to other members.

    Take care and you know where we are if you need us :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

    Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.