PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Support letters

pee14pee14 Member Posts: 119 Courageous
Hi does anyone know if PiP accept doctors support letter copied by email, or would it need a pen signature? Thankyou.

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,201 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

I'm not 100% sure but I think it would be OK is there anything in the email to identify it is from a doctor eg email address or electronic signature 
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,512 Disability Gamechanger
    They don't take much notice of a GP letter as they might know what's wrong with you but not how it affects your daily living/mobility. They ask for details of your GP but will rarely contact them.
    What other evidence do you have to send them?  If you don't have any or not much take extra time to complete the application giving as much detail as possible 
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,628 Disability Gamechanger
    Makes no difference what the format is. However, as already observed above a GP letter is usually of limited use. Have you cooked for them; eaten with them; toileted in front of them; bathed; read or budgeted in front of them? I'm hoping not, but, if not, then they have little to say that will be directed to the PIP descriptors and you are better focused on your own anecdotal evidence i.e. describing the things which have happened to you when attempting those activities.
  • pee14pee14 Member Posts: 119 Courageous
    @woodbine
    Hi its a psychiciatrist sorry and a psychologist 
  • pee14pee14 Member Posts: 119 Courageous
    @mikehughescq yes your right I did what you just mentioned for my mum ,this advise is for a friend ,thankyou.
Sign in or join us to comment.