Support letters — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Support letters

Options
pee14
pee14 Community member Posts: 172 Courageous
Hi does anyone know if PiP accept doctors support letter copied by email, or would it need a pen signature? Thankyou.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

I'm not 100% sure but I think it would be OK is there anything in the email to identify it is from a doctor eg email address or electronic signature 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They don't take much notice of a GP letter as they might know what's wrong with you but not how it affects your daily living/mobility. They ask for details of your GP but will rarely contact them.
    What other evidence do you have to send them?  If you don't have any or not much take extra time to complete the application giving as much detail as possible 
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• pee14
    Options
    @woodbine
    Hi its a psychiciatrist sorry and a psychologist 
  • pee14
    Options
    @Username_removed yes your right I did what you just mentioned for my mum ,this advise is for a friend ,thankyou.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.