MRI scan - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

MRI scan

Options
2»

Comments

• gaz1960
    gaz1960 Community member Posts: 292 Pioneering
    Options
    @gaz1960 Eeesh that sounds frustrating, I'm sorry. How did you find the MRI scan itself?
    The scan itself was no problem, i fell asleep while it was happening, took ages to do both scans. Lol. ;)
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,697 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HanzRolo said:

GP is like Fort Knox
    Lol - same here, great analogy
  • Sparklebright63
    Sparklebright63 Scope Member Posts: 182 Courageous
    Options
    Hi to all,
    I went last week to hospital from when i lost my balance and fractured my left wrist on the17th of April this year.
    The doctor asked how i was and i said not good as i am still having no feeling in my hands and keep dropping things i was sent for an MRI scan i was told i have spinal stenosis in my neck & spine spinal cord narrowing in both places been in hospital for nearly a week ? and using crutches to get around i am going to be speaking to the neurologist 18th of august and have other things to help phyisio
    Swimming hydrotherapy pain clinic rest exercsises ect i might need an operation at a later date if it gets worse i am getting pain in my leg when walking aswell.

Sparklebright63.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that you've been in hospital for a week or so @Sparklebright63. Have you been coping okay?

Although I'm sure a new diagnosis must be difficult to deal with, do you feel better for knowing what's been causing the numbness? 

It sounds as though there are quite a few treatment options available to you, which is good :) Are you feeling positive about your appointment with the neurologist on the 18th?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Sparklebright63
    Sparklebright63 Scope Member Posts: 182 Courageous
    Options
    Hi Tori Scope,

I am hopefully going to get some answers on the 18th i have another MRI on the 7th of August in Sheffield so will see what they Say after that one.
    What i dont understand is why its taken the Nhs so long to try to find out where all my problems are comming from and what else i need to do about them.
    I have had all these issues for 25 years thats like a quater of my life to be in so much Pain ect its not good enough......
    I will let you know when i have more answers.
    I have to go to the Respiratory Clinic in the Morning.

Sparklebright63.
  • gaz1960
    gaz1960 Community member Posts: 292 Pioneering
    Options
    Just recieved confirmation of appointment with a neurosurgeon,about my MRI scans, a few weeks ago,and it will be a "phone appointment " in a years time,in 2022! 
    How can a neurosurgeon treat anybody on a phone call! 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,112 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to hear that @gaz1960 - & it seems like a dreadfully long wait to get results. The neurosurgeon surely could look at your MRI scans & discuss them with you quicker than this, or write.
    My son & I have yearly echocardiograms (which was delayed because of the pandemic). Normally we see the Consultant cardiologist the same day, but had been told beforehand that he would check them, & we'd either have a phone appointment or he would write to us. We both got a letter a couple of weeks later.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.