Is LCWRA means tested? Can you claim both Carers Allowance and LCWRA? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is LCWRA means tested? Can you claim both Carers Allowance and LCWRA?

Options
2»

Comments

• dolphins7
    dolphins7 Community member Posts: 42 Listener
    Options
    When this will go in it will take me to 9k as 8 have 2k s9me of that was back payment of pip so do i send in bank statements every month and what arw you allowed to spend it on to reduce savings could 8 pay off debt or anything like that ?
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    dolphins7 said:
    When this will go in it will take me to 9k as 8 have 2k s9me of that was back payment of pip so do i send in bank statements every month and what arw you allowed to spend it on to reduce savings could 8 pay off debt or anything like that ?
    £52.20 will be taken off your monthly payment for £9,000 in capital, the PIP backpay is disregarded for 12 months. After this time, you can spend and reduce savings but you may be questioned what you have spent it on by providing receipts/bank statements. A Decision Maker will decide if you have deprived yourself of capital but yes you can repay debt with no problem.
  • dolphins7
    dolphins7 Community member Posts: 42 Listener
    Options
    Thank you so much for your help 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.