PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

How long after PIP phone assessment will I get my decision or payment?

estpowestpow Member Posts: 16 Listener
edited June 22 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi does anyone know how long after pip phone assesment will I get my decision or payment thankyou 

Replies

• Emilyb81Emilyb81 Member Posts: 429 Pioneering
    Hi @estpow :smile:
    Unfortunately I don't think people here can tell you that? Because I think it's different for everyone? For example I got my decision about 10 days after my assessment but others have been waiting 3 months plus? I didn't get good news so maybe quicker decision isn't the best thing?!
    So you will probably next get a message from dwp saying they have received the report from assessment and will be contacting you within 8 weeks with decision? However they are dealing with a backlog at the moment so it is sometimes taking longer :disappointed: sorry its not more positive news!
    As for payment after decision again I believe that's different for everyone however I have seen quite a few times on here people have received payments in their banks before they had even got decision so that's a possibility? So that's a bit more positive I guess? :smile:
    Hope you get the decision you need asap! Take care and stay safe 😊👍😎
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Posts: 5,002

Scope community team

edited June 22
    Hi @estpow :) I believe they predict it will take no more than 8 weeks to make a decision, but waiting times do vary. When was your assessment? I'd suggest you keep an eye on your bank account too.
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • estpowestpow Member Posts: 16 Listener
    Thankyou all . Only had my assesment yesterday
  • Sammiecat75Sammiecat75 Member Posts: 61 Connected
    Hi all i had my assessmemt on 17th june.i called the dwp on friday got a lovely girl she told me its with the decision makers as she could hear i was very upset and confused and waiting on the fone for over a hour..she said she will email the dept and try and get a decision for me quicker she said she would call me back as soon as she hears..so hopefuly i hear back soon. I hope we all have some news soon good luck all xx
  • MrsSamMrsSam Member Posts: 16 Connected
    Hi all, I had my assessment on the 10th June and rang last Tuesday to request a copy of my report.  Whilst I was on the phone (after 1hr and 20min wait) I asked how long a decision was likely to take and the lady told me they were saying two weeks from last Tuesday as a rough estimate.  That could have been specific to my case but that would take it to almost 4 weeks post assessment which sounds reasonable.  The original claim was made on the 28th January, so its already been 22 weeks.  My report arrived on Friday.
  • Sammiecat75Sammiecat75 Member Posts: 61 Connected
    Ur kinda simliar to me mines was 25th jan..never known anything to take as long in my life..i will just await my report and see what it says i have waited this long i can wait some more
    HI, I will post an update as a separate post in case it is useful for anyone but thought I would let you know here that I have received a payment from PIP this morning, although I haven't had the decision letter yet, so 20 days from the telephone assessment to the payment for me.
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,160 Disability Gamechanger
    @MrsSam great news and thanks for sharing 

It is normal to get payment before letter as they are released at same time and bank transfer is quicker than post 
    janer1967, thank you for your reply, I can see next to your name you have posted 10,384 time, I am so impressed! 'disability gamechanger' seems like an apt title for you  :) I'm so sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this but could you please tell me how to reply to someone specifically with the @ prefix to their name? Forums are clearly not my forte! (yet!)
  • Beesmummy798Beesmummy798 Member Posts: 71 Courageous
    @MrsSam hi there. Could I ask a wee question to you please? How long after your telephone assessment did you get a text message saying they received your report. I only had mines on Monday so maybe early days. Hope you don't mind me asking on your thread x
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 4,114

Scope community team

To tag somebody @MrsSam, you need to type the @ symbol, and then start typing the person's username and it should show up in a list of options for you to click. 
    Online Community Coordinator

Talk to our chatbot and give us feedback on the community.
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 4,114

Scope community team

Ayy, well done, smashed it @MrsSam :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Talk to our chatbot and give us feedback on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.