How long after PIP phone assessment will I get my decision or payment? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long after PIP phone assessment will I get my decision or payment?

Options
13»

Comments

• colin1970
    colin1970 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
    Hi, just had my assessment today, I was told 6-8 weeks just to let you all now the current situation 

• celticgirl
    celticgirl Community member Posts: 23 Listener
    Options
    Im 4 weeks phoned for update with descion maker hope you get good outcome 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,391 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    colin1970 said:
    Hi, just had my assessment today, I was told 6-8 weeks just to let you all now the current situation 

Just so that you're aware that timescale can be up to 12 weeks once the report is returned to DWP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • celticgirl
    celticgirl Community member Posts: 23 Listener
    Options
    Seems everyone is getting told different 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,391 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

We always advise up to about 12 weeks here because based on many many other threads some have a decision within 8 weeks and others wait longer. So advising up to 12 is sensible.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wazza57
    wazza57 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    Options
    @MrsSam hi there. Could I ask a wee question to you please? How long after your telephone assessment did you get a text message saying they received your report. I only had mines on Monday so maybe early days. Hope you don't mind me asking on your thread x
    Hi Beesmummy798 i had my assessment on a wensday i got a text the next day 24 hours later thurseday to tell me that the assessors report had gone to the decistion maker and it would take around six weeks to get a decsition..i have been waiting 38 months just for an assessment after i sent my review form back in august 2021...now its the waiting game i got high points on both mobility and daily liveing sugested for 5 years so ill just have to wait and see...i was also told id receave a big back payment even thoe my previous aword has been extended 4 times...ill just have to wait and see.x
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your experiences with us @wazza57. Hopefully, you won't be waiting too much longer. How are you feeling about everything at the moment, whilst you are waiting?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • wazza57
    wazza57 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    Options
    Yes they are when i first applyed for pip bk in 2019 i had my assessment and the same day the assessors report was sent to the decsition maker and i got my aword letter 2 weeks after that...now since covid backlogs everyone is receaveing theres at diffrent times..thoes who are terned down get there decsition letter 2 weeks after there assessment its the waiting game its stressful as it is without them makeing people wait weeks for it..i was told that some decsition makers go against the assessors report but only on rare occations 
  • TillyTrotter
    TillyTrotter Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Morning everyone. 
    I applied on the 7th nov 2022, had my phone assessment last Thursday, and received a text today to say my report had been received.
    I have fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, shoulder Burstitus, asthma, depression and anxiety.
    And have weekly sessions with my therapist.
    So the waiting game is now pretty intense.
    I applied for pip before in 2018 but was denied it, and it took me this long to pluck up the courage to go through the whole process again. 
    I have found this website incredibly helpful, and you are all such lovely people with your great advice. 

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Keeping everything crossed the wait isn't too much longer @TillyTrotter!
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Aky1234
    Aky1234 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    I had a call on 26 aug 2023 so waiting to hear the results hope it don't take long 
  • UkGuy94
    UkGuy94 Community member Posts: 36 Listener
    Options
    I had my assessment on the 27th August. 
    They received the report on the 1st of Sept. 

Nothing yet. 

Stressful doesn't cover it! 
  • Hannahmarie1234
    Hannahmarie1234 Community member Posts: 90 Courageous
    Options
    I had my assessment on the 7th Aug still not heard anything 5 weeks today
  • mrsC78
    mrsC78 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    I had my assesment 26th august, got text next day to say report was with decision maker then woke up on 6th september checked my bank and a big payment was in my account..i didnt get a text and award letter came 3 days after back payment 
  • EveD
    EveD Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Hiya.  I had my assessment by phone (a review) on Aug 9th. Was told to expect a 2 to 6 week wait for decision.  
    I phone a week later for my  copy of report which came the following day. 
    I got a text in the 1st September to say it was complete and I would receive my award letter in 2 weeks.  
    At some point in between this I also got a letter to say they had all they needed to make the decision.  Can't remember the date. 
    Anyway,  on the 6th Sept I received money from dwp into account,  and in the 7th my award letter.  
    I put my original review claim form in sept 22 and finally got the phone assessment nearly a year later but once that was done it was a quick,  but anxious month. 
    I know everyone is different,  depending on claim,  whether a new claim or review,  plus the area you are in, but this was my timeline. 
    Oh and my award went up to enhanced in care and I got awarded enhanced mobility too, which is a lifeline and freedom to me which I didn't have. 
    I hope you,  and anyone else still waiting gets some answers ASAP. I know how anxious the waiting game is. And obviously I hope you get some good news!! 👍 

• MickH
    MickH Community member, Scope Member Posts: 29 Courageous
    Options
    I believe I had to wait almost the full 8 weeks, to be turned down, but went through MR, to be turned down again, so went to Tribunal, and won. The whole process was just over 16 months !

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.