Contacting health assessment other than by phone? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Contacting health assessment other than by phone?

dexter1984UK Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello all

Ive been sent a letter with a date for a telephone assessment, however due to weak hearing, loud tinnitus (Not to mention anxiety) telephone conversations are difficult to impossible for me. Ive not used a phone for years. They know this it was all in the esa50, the  local jobcentre contact me by email. The only way they have given me to contact them is by telephone....sigh. I wrote a letter to the only address listed on the letter, but so far have heard nothing back. On top of that I dont really talk to anyone who i can ask to call on my behalf.

Any ideas?

Thank you.


  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 16,428 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 
    Only thing I can suggest is contacting the job centre see if they can help 

    If you have sent a letter they may still respond 
  • dexter1984UK
    dexter1984UK Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks for you for your response.

    Knowing how uncompassionate they are; i doubt it. They obviously don't read the esa50. I never understood the point of the esa50, they call me in every time regardless and ask the same things i included on the esa50.

    Ill just have to try my best to hear them. They might find it hard to hear me with all the background noise i need to make the tinnitus tolerable though :-)


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.