Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Contacting health assessment other than by phone?

dexter1984UKdexter1984UK Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello all

Ive been sent a letter with a date for a telephone assessment, however due to weak hearing, loud tinnitus (Not to mention anxiety) telephone conversations are difficult to impossible for me. Ive not used a phone for years. They know this it was all in the esa50, the  local jobcentre contact me by email. The only way they have given me to contact them is by telephone....sigh. I wrote a letter to the only address listed on the letter, but so far have heard nothing back. On top of that I dont really talk to anyone who i can ask to call on my behalf.

Any ideas?

Thank you.


  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 12,053 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 
    Only thing I can suggest is contacting the job centre see if they can help 

    If you have sent a letter they may still respond 
    Here to help with my experience in hunan resources and employment rights 
  • dexter1984UKdexter1984UK Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks for you for your response.

    Knowing how uncompassionate they are; i doubt it. They obviously don't read the esa50. I never understood the point of the esa50, they call me in every time regardless and ask the same things i included on the esa50.

    Ill just have to try my best to hear them. They might find it hard to hear me with all the background noise i need to make the tinnitus tolerable though :-)
Sign in or join us to comment.