Hi all, I'm waiting for a WCA. UC have been in touch with my GP - is this a good or bad sign? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Hi all, I'm waiting for a WCA. UC have been in touch with my GP - is this a good or bad sign?

joannewood999 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi all.
Just joined. ?
Was just a query. .. filled a work capacity assessment and still waiting to hear.,  completed it around February. I know they will probably be behind with things though.

I can access my records at the drs and uc have been in touch with them. Has anyone else had them contact their drs? Is them contacting the drs a good sign or bad sign in anyones opinion. Got me abit anxious 



  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Member Posts: 3,130 Connected
    I don’t think anyone can assume anything based on that fact they have contacted the GP. All it means really is they more than likely want more detail over something or something has needed clarifying. 
  • Cher_Inactive
    Cher_Inactive Posts: 4,400 Scope online community team
    Hi @joannewood999 and a warm welcome to our community, how are you doing today?

    I wouldn't worry about your GP being contacted at this point.  It could indicate that UC are trying to do a paper-based assessment, but this is not always the case and isn't guaranteed.

    Please keep us posted with how you get on.  And as not to confuse you, I've moved your thread to our Universal Credit category and amended the title so other members can spot your question :)

    Have a lovely Wednesday!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

    Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.