Hi all, I'm waiting for a WCA. UC have been in touch with my GP - is this a good or bad sign? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi all, I'm waiting for a WCA. UC have been in touch with my GP - is this a good or bad sign?

Options
joannewood999
joannewood999 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi all.
Just joined. ?
Was just a query. .. filled a work capacity assessment and still waiting to hear.,  completed it around February. I know they will probably be behind with things though.

I can access my records at the drs and uc have been in touch with them. Has anyone else had them contact their drs? Is them contacting the drs a good sign or bad sign in anyones opinion. Got me abit anxious 

Thanks 
Tagged:

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    I don’t think anyone can assume anything based on that fact they have contacted the GP. All it means really is they more than likely want more detail over something or something has needed clarifying. 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @joannewood999 and a warm welcome to our community, how are you doing today?

I wouldn't worry about your GP being contacted at this point.  It could indicate that UC are trying to do a paper-based assessment, but this is not always the case and isn't guaranteed.

Please keep us posted with how you get on.  And as not to confuse you, I've moved your thread to our Universal Credit category and amended the title so other members can spot your question :)

Have a lovely Wednesday!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.