PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Bank details confirmed how long did payments take for you after this after tribunal

gadelegadele Member Posts: 10 Listener
edited June 23 in PIP, DLA and AA
How long after tribunal wind and dwp asking the relevant questions and confirming your bank details did you wait before receiving back pay / payment ? I rang today and they said I will receive a payment before a letter but I’m a bit confused ....   Thanks ! 

Replies

• Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 4,114

Scope community team

Hello @gadele

Welcome to the community, how are you today? 

Congratulations on the tribunal win. I don't think there's a specific amount of time that you should expect to wait, but hopefully it won't be too long. 

Often we hear of people receiving a payment in their bank account, and then the letter arrives not long after. So if you suddenly see something being paid into your bank account I wouldn't worry, and just bide your time for the confirmation letter which I'm sure will be along.

Online Community Coordinator

Talk to our chatbot and give us feedback on the community.
  • gadelegadele Member Posts: 10 Listener
    @Ross_Scope

thank you!  I’m looking to have adaptations made so would be really handy to know a semi sort of useful timescale to get things put in motion ... 
  • MarkN88MarkN88 Member Posts: 1,272 Pioneering
    I would imagine if the DWP have contacted you to confirm banking details that they are at least in the process of releasing your payment, however I don't think anyone can give you a timescale. Do keep checking the bank account because the money will more than likely appear there before the letter arrives on the door mat. 
Sign in or join us to comment.