Bank details confirmed how long did payments take for you after this after tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Bank details confirmed how long did payments take for you after this after tribunal

gadele
gadele Community member Posts: 10 Listener
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
How long after tribunal wind and dwp asking the relevant questions and confirming your bank details did you wait before receiving back pay / payment ? I rang today and they said I will receive a payment before a letter but I’m a bit confused ....   Thanks ! 

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @gadele

Welcome to the community, how are you today? 

Congratulations on the tribunal win. I don't think there's a specific amount of time that you should expect to wait, but hopefully it won't be too long. 

Often we hear of people receiving a payment in their bank account, and then the letter arrives not long after. So if you suddenly see something being paid into your bank account I wouldn't worry, and just bide your time for the confirmation letter which I'm sure will be along.

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • gadele
    gadele Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    @Ross_Scope

thank you!  I’m looking to have adaptations made so would be really handy to know a semi sort of useful timescale to get things put in motion ... 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    I would imagine if the DWP have contacted you to confirm banking details that they are at least in the process of releasing your payment, however I don't think anyone can give you a timescale. Do keep checking the bank account because the money will more than likely appear there before the letter arrives on the door mat. 
  • aldot
    aldot Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Gadele how long after you confirmed your bank did you get your back pay please Thankyou 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    aldot said:
    Gadele how long after you confirmed your bank did you get your back pay please Thankyou 

This thread was posted in June 2021 and the member hasn't been active since July 2021. If you want to know if payment has been made then you will need to ring PIP to ask.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @aldot have you managed to contact PIP about your back pay? Hopefully you can find out soon :) 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.