Hi, I'm Cristinap! I'm looking for disabled people 18+ who play Single and/or Multi-Player Games. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm Cristinap! I'm looking for disabled people 18+ who play Single and/or Multi-Player Games.

Options
Cristinap
Cristinap Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi there!  :)

I am an MSc student from the University of York investigating matchmaking platforms for multiplayer online games.

I am looking fr player with disabilities 
If you are over the age of 18, and play Single and/or Multi-Player Games (any level of experience), you are looking for new teammates in-game to play/chat with (not mandatory) I’d love to let you take part in my study, get your feedback and let you influence the design of these platforms. More specifically, the aim will be to improve the team-building process and accessibility in matchmaking platforms for multiplayer online games.

The study consists of finding specific factors that can be implemented inside the Teams.gg matchmaking platform by a prior investigation of psychological theories, users’ requirements (your feedback!), and accessibility guidelines.

The first exploratory interview of approximately 30 min duration via Zoom or GoogleMeet (I promise to keep the time!) will be conducted to help us build requirements for the final solution that will be designed. 
Once the redesign process of the Teams.gg interface has been completed, user testing of approximately 30 min duration via Zoom or GoogleMeet will be conducted (second step of interviews).

If you’re interested and have time to chat, please reply back to this message or send me an e-mail ccp519@york.ac.uk. Thanks for reading this and helping me make things that will help gamers and non-gamers worldwide!

Regards,
Cristina Pansini
Tagged:

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Hello @Cristinap
    What an interesting project!  It would be great to know your findings once completed 

Could you please email us at community@scope.org.uk so we can ascertain more details and ensure this opportunity is safe for our members.  I've removed the email address from your post pending receiving this, and will re-insert (adding our disclaimer) once all has been verified.

Just to let you know, I've tweaked the title of your thread to help others spot it and moved it to our News and opportunities category, which is our home for all research requests.  Plus, deleted the duplicate of this thread to avoid confusion.  Many thanks.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Just a little update, the details of this opportunity have now been checked and verified as safe for our members to participate in.

Good luck with your project @Cristinap

Events, research and opportunities disclaimer

The Events, research and opportunities board is the only board that permits the publishing of posts with an email, contact number or survey link.

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and the Community Guidelines.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.