PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Mystery number PIP /DWP

DEE9999DEE9999 Member Posts: 59 Connected
Hi all, had a missed call which i tried to call back starting 07458 but it's saying won't accept calls. Would this be from PIP /DWP? I am due soon to have my review although not received anything in post yet but Iam now worried I've perhaps missed a call from them instead. 
Is this the number they would call from? 
I suffer severe and chronic anxiety, and a lot of other mental illness, and struggle a lot and can't rationalise. Thank you in advance. 

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,201 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

I doubt this 7s dwp as it is a mobile number 

Dwp would be a 0800 number or a with held number 

They don't normally call out of the blue unless you have a current claim in progress eg new claim , change in circumstances or review 

As you haven't heard anything yet about your review that wouldn't be the case,  first thing you will get is review forms 

Dwp would calk back or leave message 

It may just be a spam or marketing call 
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 4,186

Scope community team

Hello @DEE9999

Great to see you back on the community, how are you? 

That appears to be the start of a mobile number, which doesn't seem like it would be PIP, if it was from them I imagine they'd leave a voicemail, or try again at a later date. 

It seems to me as though it's nothing to worry about, I'm sure you've receive your review forms in the post when it's time. If it eases your anxiety, you could always call PIP to query whether they have recently attempted to contact you or not. You'll find details of the number to call on this page, or on any letter you have from PIP.
    Online Community Coordinator

Talk to our chatbot and give us feedback on the community.
  • DEE9999DEE9999 Member Posts: 59 Connected
    @Ross_Scope hi Ross, not doing great, I'm not feeling well enough to call because of my migraine and anxiety too. Thank you fur asking. I have never had a call from DWP that wasn't either Private or an 08 type number before but i just thought it might be a random telephone assessment! 😔
  • Leigh14Leigh14 Member Posts: 263 Pioneering
    I received a call from PIP on a mobile number. I had already received letter and a text though to inform me of my assessment date. The mobile number one was confirming my assessment time.
    I’m sure they would have left you a voicemail or even a text.
    @Leigh14 hi, i did try and call back that number but wouldn't accept calls. 
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 4,186

Scope community team

I'm sorry to hear you're not doing great @DEE9999, but it's understandable that this is causing you some stress. It's never nice to receive a call from a number you don't recognise, especially at a time where you're on higher alert around the time of the review. 

As suggested by other members though, I'm sure they wouldn't have called out of the blue without any prior warning, and a mobile number doesn't tend to be used.
    Online Community Coordinator

Talk to our chatbot and give us feedback on the community.
    @Ross_Scope hello, I got paid my pip today as normal. I do get all my pip letters in the post normally. Yes, i hate these numbers where there is no way of knowing, and can't call them back. 😔
    edited June 24
    @DEE9999, when I tried to call the mobile number back (I had missed the call) I was able to leave a message. I honestly don’t think the call you received was from DWP, as they would have left a message.
    I get scam calls all the time, and now I don’t answer if I don’t know the number. If it’s important, they can leave a message. Honestly, don’t worry about it. When it’s time for your assessment, you should receive a text/letter beforehand.
    Just a thought, have you put that number into Google? I occasionally do this, and if it’s a scam, it will sometimes be listed. 
    @Leigh14 thank you, Leigh. I'm so glad I have this forum and everyone is so kind helping each other. 
    @DEE9999, you’re more than welcome. Everyone here is extremely helpful. I’ve received tonnes of support. Are you all ready for your assessment? There’s lots of advice on here, just shout out if you need any.
  • MarkN88MarkN88 Member Posts: 1,297 Pioneering
    Maybe ring the PIP direct on their number on the fox website and ask if you have missed any calls?
    @MarkN88 can't do that as suffer horrific migraine neuralgia and can't talk plus anxiety bad. I was a bit better this morning hence trying to call them back. Thanks. 
    @Leigh14 no not really. Going to come off now as some people saying i should call pip but i keep saying o can't as not well and it's making me panic more now as i felt OK after your last message. 
    Try not to get stressed about it I honestly would not think it was dwp as previously advised so there is no need to ring them 

If they need you they will call back 
    @janer1967 do they definitely call back, if it was them? 🤔 
  • Girl_No1Girl_No1 Member Posts: 105 Courageous
    If it helps, I use this site https://who-called.co.uk/ when I receive random calls from unknown numbers.  It's amazing how many are already known to be scam callers.  
    Yes they do 

Unless you have a scheduled call they would with hold the number anyway as they don't want claimants knowing their numbers 

If they are using a mobile it would be because they are working from home or something 

Is the number any way similar to your own number apart  from last 3 numbers as this is a current scam

Whoever called would have left a message or tried again If they really wanted to get in touch 

I get mystery calls all the time if i answer they hang up these are marketing calls so I block the number 

I assure you I would put money on it not being dwp
    @Girl_No1 always check those but not coming up this time, unfortunately. 
    @janer1967 the number is 
     0745 899 and then four other digits. 🤷‍♂️ 
  • Girl_No1Girl_No1 Member Posts: 105 Courageous
    @DEE9999 that's a shame.  That said, I'd agree with others the likelihood of the call having been from DWP is extremely remote, particularly when no message was left.   
    Is that the same as your own 
    @janer1967 sorry, don't understand what you mean. All mobiles start with 07 and then will have different numbers after.... 🤔
  • Emilyb81Emilyb81 Member Posts: 456 Pioneering
    edited June 24
    Hi @DEE9999 I just wanted to say recently I have missed a couple of calls from random mobile numbers and they don't take incoming calls and yesterday I answered one as I am waiting for dwp to contact me about MR? And it's one of those scam calls about owing tax hence them not taking incoming calls? So it may be something similar? When I had a call in past from pip I missed they left voice message giving me a number to contact them on? And I really do think if it was dwp they would leave some kind of message to let you know? So as hard as it is to relax in these situations if you are unable to phone and check with them then they will either call you back or send a letter I just hate seeing you so stressed I genuinely feel that they would tell you if it was them :smile:
    Yes I know they all start with 07 

All I am saying are the rest of the numbers apart from the 07 and the last 2 the same as your own number 

Don't worry it is only a known scam going around was just wondering if this was the case 
    DEE9999 said:
    @Leigh14 no not really. Going to come off now as some people saying i should call pip but i keep saying o can't as not well and it's making me panic more now as i felt OK after your last message. 
    You don’t need to call them honestly. Please don’t feel you have to leave the forum. Hope you’re ok.
    @Leigh14 I tried to call them but 15 minutes later they still weren't answering and my head is pounding and my anxiety worse, plus they want me to answer a survey at the end and gave option 1 to opt in and 2 to opt out, i pressed 2 to opt out, it cut me off so had to call back again so i pressed 1 to opt in and 40 minutes later still waiting so i gave up. I simply can't speak to anyone as really not well. I know this sounds silly to u, but now I'm paranoid that they know i was calling and i gave up, and that this will now effect my claim! Like I've made things even worse ☹️☹️
    :disappointed:  @DEE9999
    honestly I go through similar situations I get myself so worked up and worried and people on the outside looking in are saying calm down etc I get it that it feels impossible! But I promise you that if it was dwp they will contact you by letter or leave messages? You don't need to call them if you can't? It's only been suggested because that would be a quick way to clear it up for you? But even if you don't call them now it won't stop your claim I don't think they can do that especially if the date of review isn't here yet? I hate seeing someone else go through so much stress! I hope I haven't patronised you etc I just 100% don't believe it was dwp hun? They leave messages or call back and it is rare that they use mobile phone numbers xx
    DEE9999 said:
    @Leigh14 I tried to call them but 15 minutes later they still weren't answering and my head is pounding and my anxiety worse, plus they want me to answer a survey at the end and gave option 1 to opt in and 2 to opt out, i pressed 2 to opt out, it cut me off so had to call back again so i pressed 1 to opt in and 40 minutes later still waiting so i gave up. I simply can't speak to anyone as really not well. I know this sounds silly to u, but now I'm paranoid that they know i was calling and i gave up, and that this will now effect my claim! Like I've made things even worse ☹️☹️
    It doesn’t sound silly at all. Hopefully I can reassure when I say that they would not know it was you that was calling, and in no way would it affect your claim. I have done the same many times. Try not to think anymore about the call received earlier, nor the one you have made. You definitely haven’t made anything worse.
    Chill out with something on TV perhaps. A good box set maybe. This is something I also do, to get my mind off stressful stuff.
    @Emilyb81thank you. It's sheer torture to be this anxious and paranoid. I gave up in end as can't hold on phone for so long plus survey they want, jus too unwell. That's my main worry, that they'd stop it without reassessment. ☹️
    @Leigh14 just waiting for my medication to kick in, om top of all my mental illness back to waking up daily with migraines and don't see my neurologist till end August! You're all really nice on here, so thank you 😊 
    Nope I'm pretty sure they won't stop it without going through the process? I'm no expert on it all but I have just had reassessment recently and I was told about it months in advance? Hope you get some relief soon! Migraines are orrible! Stress triggers mine too! I have to put my phone away and sleep for half hour it's the only thing that works for me now because they took my meds away as it doesn't mix well with asthma? So I have to use paracetamol, ibuprofen and dark room/rest but hopefully your meds kick in ASAP! Xx
    Oh and as for them knowing you called I have called them at least 10 times in the last few months and lots of those ended with me hanging up as I'd been on hold ages (once for nearly 2 hours!!) And nothing has ever been said about it! 
     I've even asked them said they must have records of me calling and being on hold for ages as I was complaining about the amount of my life I waste on hold :lol:  and they said no they can't see how many times I've called 👍😊🤷🏻‍♀️
    They will not stop your claim for you trying to call them 

It won't even register anywhere with them they get thousands of calls each day and don't get time to look at anything they didn't answer 

I know how stressed this has made you just look how many of us are telling you it is nothing to worry about 

The only reason pip can be stopped is if you have a review and lose the award or you have been found to have a fraudulent  claim. 

Take a break get some rest and do something nice for yourself 
    Oh @Emilyb81 i empathise, they're HORRIFIC! Im on 3 lots of prescription ones by neurologist and still i wake up with them. Yet can randomly get weeks of nothing! I also suffers with facial neuralgia too. It's very hard with the my other mental illness. We're all suffering aren't we!? ☹️
    Thank you @janer1967 I'm going to try 🙏
    @Emilyb81 re phone calls etc, you sound like me!! '☹️😂 but i appreciate you telling me that you've been through similar too 👍 x
    Thank you everyone. Xx
    DEE9999 said:
    @Leigh14 just waiting for my medication to kick in, om top of all my mental illness back to waking up daily with migraines and don't see my neurologist till end August! You're all really nice on here, so thank you 😊 
    Migraines are the pitts. I used to suffer terribly with them, and then I fell pregnant, since then I’ve only had one or two. It’s now over sixteen years since the pregnancy. Hope the medication kicks in soon. Take care.
    Morning all, Couldn't help it and had to phone this morning. Spoke to a nice woman who said my claim will be reviewed in August. She said that it's just going to ask if I've got better, the same or worse etc and they can take up to 4 months due to backlog to make decision, but payments won't be effected until decision made.
    I forgot to ask her though that I've read that if your circumstances change, they do stop your money completely until they make a new decision, so now I'm totally confused 😕  
  • calcotticalcotti Member Posts: 2,217 Pioneering
    DEE9999 said:.. I've read that if your circumstances change, they do stop your money completely until they make a new decision, so now I'm totally confused 😕  
    They don't. If you report a change they send you new form to complete and then reassess you. The existing award continues until a new decision is made. 
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
    edited June 25
    My mental illness hasn't changed except that i am not getting any better and my migraines/neuralgia haven changed either. I don't really have any new documents except what I sent them in my original claim and appt letters for neurology. 
    Do you have to provide new evidence even if nothing has changed, and do they contact GP? 🤔 
    The best evidence is you giving 2 detailed examples of what happens when you try to complete each task mentioned in the descriptors. You should also consider can you do these reliably and safely to a satisfactory standard. New written evidence from other people is not necessarily needed. 
    Ok, for me the tasks i struggle with definitely haven't changed unfortunately, so will state all that again. But obviously i can't remember what was written word for word last time as i had help with filling form out and then i had home assessment. 
    edited June 25
    If you think you need help again completing the form than maybe ask citizens advice or welfare rights in your local area. 

Your examples and form don’t need to be exactly like your last one. As long as you provide examples and explain what happens when you do attempt them. 

I would imagine the more recent the examples are the better anyway to give a good illustration of how you are impacted at the present time. 
    Thanks @MarkN88. I get my family to help with forms as I do with a lot of my things in general. 👍
    @DEE9999, hope you’re feeling better today🙂
    Hi @Leigh14 a bit better today thank you for asking. Very kind of you. Hope you're ok 👌 😊 
    Glad to hear it @DEE9999. I’m ok thanks, plodding along as they say🙂
    Im on the waiting game for the MR, but trying as hard as I can to put it out of my head. Difficult though!
    edited June 25
    Is MR mandatory reconsideration? If it is, of course totally empathise!! Hope it is outcome you want 🙏🙏👍👍 @Leigh14
    Yes it is @DEE9999. If it’s not the outcome I want, I’ve still to decide if I would go on to the next stage of tribunal. Don’t even want to think about that though.
    Hope you’re doing ok today. Take care x
    Morning all, I've been on a Facebook forum specifically for PIP, and everywhere that I have read on there is that IF they do decide, when they've received PIP renewal to restart new claim because illness/condition etc has become worse, that they WILL stop current claim/payments, until new decision is reached! And that you must have latest documentation proof which i don't have, only old ones because still no changes on certain things. Please advise, as my ocd is spiking. Thank you. 
    That is totally wrong your PIP only stops if the award date has ended or if you stop the claim 

4he whole point 8f reassessment is so it is done and completed before award ends 

An exception to this could be if the award was given at tribunal then a new claim has to be made but again You do this in advance 

After a review decision is made your old award will end and new one starts so if new decision is no award then pip will stop 

It is helpful to keep all pip paperwork for your own ref but it isn't required for a review to take place 

I suggest you keep off the fb pages notoriously known for inaccurate info
    @janer1967 unfortunately, my ocd can be relentless, even though i have information, I can still want more, it goes in circles. I will stick with the information provided on here. 
    That's exactly what I normally do @DEE9999
     I go looking everywhere and end up so much more confused and anxious? Some of these fb pages are not helpful and honestly they cant/won't stop your award before you have even been reassessed? 😊🤗 It's same when I am unwell I look all over Internet and within an hour I have convinced myself I am dying of some rare illness but turns out I have a cold?! Its ridiculous but I still always do it so recently I had to ban myself from searching online about health issues and it's been haaaard not to keep looking about this whole pip situation too but I genuinely feel I have been given all the right help and advice etc here so I've had to stick with one forum? And since I did it has been easier so I hope you can do it too! Some days I wish I could turn what I call my mad head off for a bit? Definitely make things harder for myself listening to it :lol: have a great week hun! Xx
    @Emilyb81 thank you. Again, so similar. I have severe health anxiety an do the same, and I'm one of the worst cases psychiatrists/psychologists etc have ever seen and have had every therapy over years and crisis team, so having extra on top to scare me is too much but I'll stick with with Scope from now on 👍❤️
    It's flipping knackering so I feel for you hun! I was told years ago I have bpd and severe anxiety and depression I have recently been told I need to have a medication review and see a psychiatrist as I've just been left to it and keep getting told I need cbt however its never available where I live so it hasn't happened? So I am always asking for help and I get told repeatedly by different doctors I need it and that's as far as it gets! So hopefully this time when they eventually contact me it will be different! I feel like I'm in a constant battle with my head literally talking myself in or out of things all day and all night gets a bit much! Just wish I could have a normal thought or reaction to situations!
    It's nice to know there are other people who understand what's happening? And actually mean they understand if that makes sense rather than just saying they do to be nice 👍 so many people do that with me and I know they mean well and I'm so grateful they try but it really is hard to let someone know what's going on unless they have been in similar situations themselves? At the same time I wish nobody had to go through similar things  because its so hard all the time everything is a battle! I am always trying to find ways to help myself because that's all I have and even that is getting on my wick now because there's so many different views and opinions I get to point where I don't do any of it because my anxiety says NO
    Anyhoo I really hope you have a good day today hope we all do! 
    A day is a long time I know but for me if I can put my head down without kicking off or hurting myself in some way then it's a good day! 👍😊 
    Battle is my word of the day lol take care guys xx
Sign in or join us to comment.