Mystery number PIP /DWP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mystery number PIP /DWP

DEE9999
DEE9999 Community member Posts: 72 Connected
Hi all, had a missed call which i tried to call back starting 07458 but it's saying won't accept calls. Would this be from PIP /DWP? I am due soon to have my review although not received anything in post yet but Iam now worried I've perhaps missed a call from them instead. 
Is this the number they would call from? 
I suffer severe and chronic anxiety, and a lot of other mental illness, and struggle a lot and can't rationalise. Thank you in advance. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

I doubt this 7s dwp as it is a mobile number 

Dwp would be a 0800 number or a with held number 

They don't normally call out of the blue unless you have a current claim in progress eg new claim , change in circumstances or review 

As you haven't heard anything yet about your review that wouldn't be the case,  first thing you will get is review forms 

Dwp would calk back or leave message 

It may just be a spam or marketing call 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @DEE9999

Great to see you back on the community, how are you? 

That appears to be the start of a mobile number, which doesn't seem like it would be PIP, if it was from them I imagine they'd leave a voicemail, or try again at a later date. 

It seems to me as though it's nothing to worry about, I'm sure you've receive your review forms in the post when it's time. If it eases your anxiety, you could always call PIP to query whether they have recently attempted to contact you or not. You'll find details of the number to call on this page, or on any letter you have from PIP.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • DEE9999
    @Ross_Scope hi Ross, not doing great, I'm not feeling well enough to call because of my migraine and anxiety too. Thank you fur asking. I have never had a call from DWP that wasn't either Private or an 08 type number before but i just thought it might be a random telephone assessment! ?
  • DEE9999
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 542 Pioneering
    I received a call from PIP on a mobile number. I had already received letter and a text though to inform me of my assessment date. The mobile number one was confirming my assessment time.
    I’m sure they would have left you a voicemail or even a text.
  • DEE9999
    @Leigh14 hi, i did try and call back that number but wouldn't accept calls. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear you're not doing great @DEE9999, but it's understandable that this is causing you some stress. It's never nice to receive a call from a number you don't recognise, especially at a time where you're on higher alert around the time of the review. 

As suggested by other members though, I'm sure they wouldn't have called out of the blue without any prior warning, and a mobile number doesn't tend to be used.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • DEE9999
    @Ross_Scope hello, I got paid my pip today as normal. I do get all my pip letters in the post normally. Yes, i hate these numbers where there is no way of knowing, and can't call them back. ?
  • Leigh14
    edited June 2021
    @DEE9999, when I tried to call the mobile number back (I had missed the call) I was able to leave a message. I honestly don’t think the call you received was from DWP, as they would have left a message.
    I get scam calls all the time, and now I don’t answer if I don’t know the number. If it’s important, they can leave a message. Honestly, don’t worry about it. When it’s time for your assessment, you should receive a text/letter beforehand.
    Just a thought, have you put that number into Google? I occasionally do this, and if it’s a scam, it will sometimes be listed. 
  • DEE9999
    @Leigh14 thank you, Leigh. I'm so glad I have this forum and everyone is so kind helping each other. 
  • Leigh14
    @DEE9999, you’re more than welcome. Everyone here is extremely helpful. I’ve received tonnes of support. Are you all ready for your assessment? There’s lots of advice on here, just shout out if you need any.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Maybe ring the PIP direct on their number on the fox website and ask if you have missed any calls?
  • DEE9999
    @MarkN88 can't do that as suffer horrific migraine neuralgia and can't talk plus anxiety bad. I was a bit better this morning hence trying to call them back. Thanks. 
  • DEE9999
    @Leigh14 no not really. Going to come off now as some people saying i should call pip but i keep saying o can't as not well and it's making me panic more now as i felt OK after your last message. 
  • janer1967
    Try not to get stressed about it I honestly would not think it was dwp as previously advised so there is no need to ring them 

If they need you they will call back 
  • DEE9999
    @janer1967 do they definitely call back, if it was them? ? 
  • Girl_No1
    Girl_No1 Community member Posts: 152 Pioneering
    If it helps, I use this site https://who-called.co.uk/ when I receive random calls from unknown numbers.  It's amazing how many are already known to be scam callers.  
  • janer1967
    Yes they do 

Unless you have a scheduled call they would with hold the number anyway as they don't want claimants knowing their numbers 

If they are using a mobile it would be because they are working from home or something 

Is the number any way similar to your own number apart  from last 3 numbers as this is a current scam

Whoever called would have left a message or tried again If they really wanted to get in touch 

I get mystery calls all the time if i answer they hang up these are marketing calls so I block the number 

I assure you I would put money on it not being dwp
  • DEE9999
    @Girl_No1 always check those but not coming up this time, unfortunately. 
  • DEE9999
    @janer1967 the number is 
     0745 899 and then four other digits. ?‍♂️ 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.