Housing and independent living
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Tenancy support worker- social housing

ToodlePipToodlePip Member Posts: 2 Listener
I have a chronic illness and also disabled. I’m new to social housing so when I was provided a “tenancy support worker” I was pleased.

I was informed to report any repairs to her and she would tell the relevant people. My 3 months is up with having this support, social housing are now denying that my support worker would help me in taking that burden off me. 

Has anyone else been provided a support worker through social housing who has assisted in reporting issues to the relevant people

thank you 


  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,008 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

    It's not something I have heard of to be honest hopefully other members will have 
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 4,097

    Scope community team

    Hello @ToodlePip

    Welcome to the community, how are you? 

    I'm sorry to hear that social housing appear to be arguing against you having the support worker, are you able to put forward your thoughts against their decision and possibly keep the SW in place?
    Online Community Coordinator

    Talk to our chatbot and give us feedback on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.