Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Improving Support in Schools for Children with Intellectual Disabilities and their Parents
I am looking to interview parents of children with intellectual disabilities to gain a better understanding of the support that parents are given to help them to understand their children's intellectual disability and the associated support that they and their child received from schools. A further aim is to identify areas where school support could potentially be improved. I am conducting this study as part of my MRes Thesis Research at Northumbria University.
This study and its protocol have received full ethical approval from the Department of Psychology Ethics Committee (Postgraduate Taught) in accordance with the School of Health and Life Sciences Ethics Committee (ref:28582).
To find out more and to take part, please go to
- 55.4K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 840 Work and employment
- 601 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 304 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 707 Chronic pain and pain management
- 719 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 953 Mental health and wellbeing
- 315 Sensory impairments