Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Uc health assessment after a still birth

mumillamumilla Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello
I am very sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place.I have searched the Internet trying to get an answer but have found nothing.
I will try my best to keep this as ramble free as possible.

At the end of last year year I lost my second child to still birth,  I have been suffering with depression and suicidal feelings since.
My partner was already on uc due to long term health problems and I was a full time mum and also caring for him but also in the work program with uc.
I went to the doctors and I was signed off for 6 months,  my partner called uc and was told that he should apply for me to be considered unfit for work. Although I wasn't on the phone my partner said that the man he spoke to made it seem as if in these circumstances mothers were allowed 2 years time to recover 
I had a telephone assessment a few months ago and although I have not been refused yet, I am just feeling very worried about being refused and uc pushing me to look for work when frankly I don't feel like getting out of bed.

My questions are has anyone been through a similar experience? Is there any truth to it being standard practice for mothers after losing a child? is it normal to wait this long?

Thank you if you took the time to read this any help would be greatly appreciated.

Camilla x

Replies

Sign in or join us to comment.