Uc health assessment after a still birth — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Uc health assessment after a still birth

mumilla
mumilla Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello
I am very sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place.I have searched the Internet trying to get an answer but have found nothing.
I will try my best to keep this as ramble free as possible.

At the end of last year year I lost my second child to still birth,  I have been suffering with depression and suicidal feelings since.
My partner was already on uc due to long term health problems and I was a full time mum and also caring for him but also in the work program with uc.
I went to the doctors and I was signed off for 6 months,  my partner called uc and was told that he should apply for me to be considered unfit for work. Although I wasn't on the phone my partner said that the man he spoke to made it seem as if in these circumstances mothers were allowed 2 years time to recover 
I had a telephone assessment a few months ago and although I have not been refused yet, I am just feeling very worried about being refused and uc pushing me to look for work when frankly I don't feel like getting out of bed.

My questions are has anyone been through a similar experience? Is there any truth to it being standard practice for mothers after losing a child? is it normal to wait this long?

Thank you if you took the time to read this any help would be greatly appreciated.

Camilla x

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.