Carer’s/dla renewal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Carer’s/dla renewal

Options
clee210
clee210 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited July 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I am wondering if anyone can help, i have put my daughters dla renewal in and it’s due to end on 24/07/21, I got a letter today from carers allowance to say if this payment does stop on that date so will my carers allowance and if the person I am caring for starts receiving dla pip etc again that I have to contact them as soon as possible, when I phoned dla last week my daughters claim was still waiting to be looked at, will I need to reapply for carers again after the renewal decision? Is this a standard procedure letter because it’s renewal time, any advice would be most helpful, thank you  

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @clee210

Thanks for your post, I hope you and your daughter are well.

Firstly, I hope this situation doesn't arise for you and that you hear back about the DLA review soon, was it long ago that you sent it off? Have you been waiting a while for a decision?

I'm not sure of an answer to this so I hope that others will be able to advise. It likely is a standard procedure letter given that your initial DLA award is coming to an end later this month. Are you going to get back in touch to query this and put any concerns at ease? 

You might find the below pages helpful as part of your review:
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • clee210
    Options
    Hi Ross thanks for your reply, yeah they got it on the 24th of April, it was sent back in plenty time, I phoned DLA last week and was told renewals aren’t getting looked at until two weeks before renewal date just now and my daughters was still waiting to be looked at, I think it is a standard letter as it mentions DLA/PIP and also attendance allowance and it says if the payments stop on that date but I was just wondering if anyone knew about the letter I have received, am going to phone on Monday to find out what’s happening.
  • fariar
    fariar Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Hello 
    I received a similar letter 
    my son is only 11 years old 
    and I received a letter that his DLA will be stopped 28/09/2021 and my carers Allowance too after 10 years 
    it says to contact them after I received my formal desision 
    so confused 
    does this means it’s ended? 
    I did reapply 4 months ago 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    fariar said:
    Hello 
    I received a similar letter 
    my son is only 11 years old 
    and I received a letter that his DLA will be stopped 28/09/2021 and my carers Allowance too after 10 years 
    it says to contact them after I received my formal desision 
    so confused 
    does this means it’s ended? 
    I did reapply 4 months ago 

It's not the 28/9 yet but if a decision's not been made by that time they may just extend it because i know backlogs are huge. You will need to ring them though just to ask them because only they can tell you for sure.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • clee210
    Options
    Hi Fariar, is it maybe just the standard letter when you do renewal to say your claim will be ending on a certain date? Have they actually gave you a decision on your renewal? 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.