PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

I was told I can't have mobility reassessed after my first operation. Is this correct?

krazykaz55krazykaz55 Member Posts: 6 Listener
edited July 7 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi, I've been awarded the daily standard rate for my arthritis, I have this in both knees and will be having full knee replacement surgery on both knees. I asked if I could have the mobility part reassessed after my first operation and he has said no, is this correct any advice would be welcome. Karen

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,201 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

To get a reassessment you need to report a change in circumstances 

Only trouble would be if you are having surgery they may say the condition will improve so won't award 
  • krazykaz55krazykaz55 Member Posts: 6 Listener
    I can understand that to a certain extent, but I'm having both knees done, and my mobility will be far less than it is now, so in my eyes I should be able to get it reassessed, the case manager even said I might not be any better than I am now 
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,201 Disability Gamechanger
    If you think you should get it then do change 

But it will start off the assessment process all again 
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,628 Disability Gamechanger
    Having a reassessment around surgery is a bad idea. It will fail. You can’t prove you will have any needs for the next 9 months until around 3 months after the surgery so that would be the moment. 
  • krazykaz55krazykaz55 Member Posts: 6 Listener
    I will be as I'm having both knees done, my left one first and then when my left knee is able to stand the strain I will be having my right one done 
Sign in or join us to comment.