I was told I can't have mobility reassessed after my first operation. Is this correct? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I was told I can't have mobility reassessed after my first operation. Is this correct?

krazykaz55
krazykaz55 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited July 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, I've been awarded the daily standard rate for my arthritis, I have this in both knees and will be having full knee replacement surgery on both knees. I asked if I could have the mobility part reassessed after my first operation and he has said no, is this correct any advice would be welcome. Karen

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

To get a reassessment you need to report a change in circumstances 

Only trouble would be if you are having surgery they may say the condition will improve so won't award 
  • krazykaz55
    I can understand that to a certain extent, but I'm having both knees done, and my mobility will be far less than it is now, so in my eyes I should be able to get it reassessed, the case manager even said I might not be any better than I am now 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    If you think you should get it then do change 

But it will start off the assessment process all again 
  • krazykaz55
    I will be as I'm having both knees done, my left one first and then when my left knee is able to stand the strain I will be having my right one done 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.