Emotional Lockdown — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Emotional Lockdown

chloeblue04
chloeblue04 Community member Posts: 234 Courageous
Before the COVID-19 began, my life is high-spirited, happy and optimistic, spending time with my friends, having fun and doing lots of things for my friends and family until everything changed around me, because of the lock down, restrictions and the COVID, I became, stressed, frustrated, angry/aggressive, sad, lonely, scared, confused with the outside world yet naughty, rude and aloof towards my parents and a few others. 

In other words, I became pessimistic but 3 years later, I got interruptive because my sister said that if I carry on like this my friends and family will think that I'm being arrogant, condescending, impatient and rude. She's right. 

I stopped myself from speaking to my dad due to my restrained relationship and I had to keep my distance from my eldest sister.  I even had issues dealing with my mum for being overprotective and strict towards me as she is mostly observant and watchful. 

I wanted to move out and to live independently but I needed to find a safer and suitable accommodation where I cannot be bothered by evil people on drugs, alcohol, smoking and sexual harassment or rape. I cannot live in a world with thieves, drug dealers, thugs and con artists. 

This year I needed help with my mental health and well being and my anger issues. Can you help me please?

I also want to find ways for me to cheer me up, calm myself down and to regain my optimism. 
Do you have any advice and suggestions? 

Please help me
Tagged:

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @chloeknight16071992 and a warm welcome to our online community.  Thank you for sharing with us some of your story.  It sounds like the lockdown has had a real impact on you, and I know this is something many of our other members will be able to relate to too.

Are the feelings you describe of being stressed, frustrated, angry and sad something you've ever spoken with your GP about?  Sometimes speaking to those outside our immediate loved ones can help us gain a fresh perspective and your doctor is best placed to ask the right questions and determine if there are any services or treatments that could help boost your mental wellbeing.  

Also, I just want to check how old you are (you don't have to answer this if you don't wish to).  I can understand reaching a certain age some people begin to want their independence.  Would you have enough support in place to do this?  Also, are the fears you have of evil people things you've personally experienced or sadly read about in the news? 

It can be daunting to take that first step, so maybe dealing with one thing at a time will make it more manageable.  What kind of activities do you find help boost your mood and calm you down?  Is there any small tweaks you could start making to your daily routine to bring more cheer?  Let's have a think and take it from there :)

Looking forward to speaking with you again.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • chloeblue04
    chloeblue04 Community member Posts: 234 Courageous
    How do you delete the user?

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    How do you delete the user?

Hello and welcome to the community :) I'm sorry to hear of what you've been through, and that you want to remove your account. 

If you want to delete your account please email us at community@scope.org.uk just to confirm this, and we will action it for you. 

If we can help you in any way, do let us know in that email and we could potentially explore avenues of support for you.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.