PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

FTT Help

Steve_1908Steve_1908 Member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi so had reply from DWP with all the information stating my case will be going to a tribunal, what sort of documents should i send back to the letter with case ref and address? 
any help be much appreciated. i wont be attending as my anxiety is one of the main causes of my PIP claim! Really suffer in public and large groups. 

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,201 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

The majority of tribunal are phone tribunal currently and there will only be 3 panel members a court clerk and possibly dwp representative present 

Your best chance of success is to be there yourself with possibly a rep to act on your behalf 

If you are wanting a paper based tribunal then you need to submit anything you have that is relevant and will help your case 

Paying attention to the pip descriptors 

I would get some expert advice from welfare rights 
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,628 Disability Gamechanger
    You will likely have a telephone hearing and thus won't be in public or a large group. The success rate for paper hearings is dismal compared to the 75%+ success rate for other hearings so you really need to be on the conference call to give your case the best chance of success. 

All the documents in the appeal papers will be stuff you've seen already i.e. your claim pack; initial decision; your MR; MR decision; HCP report; SSCS1 form and so on. The only new thing will be the DWP submission (their argument) which is largely constructed from templates but is inevitably wholly negative because if it wasn't then you wouldn't be appealing. 

What you put in additional to that is up to you. Best thing is to review your evidence so far in light of the fact that it has not made a convincing case. Ask yourself whether your PIP 2 is full of assertions or whether you have evidenced those with detailed real world examples of your attempts to reliably perform the PIP activities. Know the PIP points system and understand some of the basic interpretations of the language around that.

Get yourself representation via AdviceLocal and try to ignore the HCP report and focus solely on the quality of your anecdotal evidence. Medical evidence which states your conditions; describes your meds; treatments and prognosis is of use for maybe the prognosis but little else. Your own detailed examples are what will be persuasive here. Nothing wrong with doing a written sub of your own to send in advance even if you are attending. It will mean you have less to think about or remember on the day. 
Sign in or join us to comment.