PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

PIP timescales in different areas

northeastladynortheastlady Member Posts: 11 Listener
Hi all. As a lot of us wonder about PIP timescales, new claims from sending your initial form back to an assessment date, and then from the assessment to a decision and payment, or decline then mandatory reconsideration decision etc I wondered if it may be helpful if we just stated an area and the dates?? Every claim is different but an idea of areas timescale for each step could be useful in one place??

Replies

• northeastladynortheastlady Member Posts: 11 Listener
    I cannot add ATM as my first completed form was only submitted 28.06.21 online. I've had the automated email response of application submitted, I'm in Middlesbrough. I forsee at least 12-16 weeks before an assessment call or appointment is scheduled.
  • xjamesxxjamesx Member Posts: 18 Listener
    Hi @northeastlady hope you're well, and everything goes okay for you during your claim process.

I applied on 18th January, and had my pip assessment  on the 12th July, now awaiting outcome, I'm in Derbyshire 
  • northeastladynortheastlady Member Posts: 11 Listener
    Hi @xjamesx Thanks, am ok, hope you are too. Thanks for adding info in, hope it goes well for you and you can get a swift decision x
  • xjamesxxjamesx Member Posts: 18 Listener
    edited July 14
    @northeastlady that's good, glad to hear you're okay, and I'm best I can be I suppose given the circumstances, and thank-you will update on how long it takes from assessment to decision when I receive my decision through.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,646 Disability Gamechanger
    To be honest there's not a lot of point in this. The extent of your delay will very much depend on when things were lodged for starters. So, a person who lodged an appeal last March may find no delay at all and will have had themselves listed inside 11 weeks no matter which area. On the other hand, a person lodging this year will find the situation looks very different.

Additional to that there is an assumption that delays are all the fault of DWP or HMCTS etc. and a lot of the time those delays will be entirely down to the actions of a claimant or their rep so "it took 90 weeks" doesn't really tell you anything there. 

Finally, delays currently vary hugely by month so having a repository of dates is again pointless because five people telling you that Middlesboro asssesments are taking 18 weeks in June 2021 means nothing by July 2021 when those delays could have doubled or halved in an instant. 

I understand the impulse to ask and to document but it's a fools errand. 
Sign in or join us to comment.