PIP timescales in different areas — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP timescales in different areas

northeastlady
northeastlady Community member Posts: 34 Connected
Hi all. As a lot of us wonder about PIP timescales, new claims from sending your initial form back to an assessment date, and then from the assessment to a decision and payment, or decline then mandatory reconsideration decision etc I wondered if it may be helpful if we just stated an area and the dates?? Every claim is different but an idea of areas timescale for each step could be useful in one place??

Comments

• northeastlady
    I cannot add ATM as my first completed form was only submitted 28.06.21 online. I've had the automated email response of application submitted, I'm in Middlesbrough. I forsee at least 12-16 weeks before an assessment call or appointment is scheduled.
  • xjamesx
    xjamesx Community member Posts: 18 Listener
    Hi @northeastlady hope you're well, and everything goes okay for you during your claim process.

I applied on 18th January, and had my pip assessment  on the 12th July, now awaiting outcome, I'm in Derbyshire 
  • northeastlady
    Hi @xjamesx Thanks, am ok, hope you are too. Thanks for adding info in, hope it goes well for you and you can get a swift decision x
  • xjamesx
    xjamesx Community member Posts: 18 Listener
    edited July 2021
    @northeastlady that's good, glad to hear you're okay, and I'm best I can be I suppose given the circumstances, and thank-you will update on how long it takes from assessment to decision when I receive my decision through.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.