Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

LCWRA timescales in different areas

northeastladynortheastlady Member Posts: 10 Listener
Hi all. As a lot of us wonder about LCWRA timescales, new claims from sending your initial form back to an assessment date, and then from the assessment to a decision and payment, I wondered if it may be helpful if we just stated an area and the dates?? Every claim is different but an idea of areas timescale for each step could be useful in one place??

Replies

• northeastladynortheastlady Member Posts: 10 Listener
    I'm in Middlesbrough, but only submitted my completed claim form by post 28.06.21 so had a confirmation back it was received their end but not expecting anything for a while yet. Will update as I get anything.
  • Lee99Lee99 Member Posts: 19 Connected
    HI I'm in Blackpool mine was a reassessment that took place by phone on the 27th February nearly 20 weeks waiting for decision 
  • steveo928steveo928 Member Posts: 11 Connected
    I sent my form off back in May but have heard nothing back from DWP. I’m getting worried that they may not have received it? I’ve had no updates and the advisor accepting my fit notes online as moved to my local job centre from the Wrexham service centre.

West Midlands here 
  • MarcKeirleMarcKeirle Member Posts: 9 Listener
    edited July 16
    Somerset here. Claim started with fitnotes on the start of march 2020 took 4 months to get my UC50 form. advisor accepted fitnote declarations via journal throughout covid times then took until early June 2021 for a telephone assessment , awarded LCWRA on the 17th of June ,best part of 3 weeks wait after for backdating award letter stating amount owed still awaiting that payment will update my post when I finally get it to give people a idea of time frame from award to payment.
  • cwatson0000cwatson0000 Member Posts: 17 Listener
    I began my claim in March 2021 and reported a fit note… had my forms sent out about 6 weeks after I started my claim. After sending back the forms I was awarded LCWRA after about 2 weeks. 

Belfast, Northern Ireland.
  • carleigh26carleigh26 Member Posts: 8 Listener
    Can’t believe you had this back so soon I am still waiting since January 2021 it don’t make sense to me the difference in time scale depending on where you live 
Sign in or join us to comment.