LCWRA timescales in different areas — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA timescales in different areas

northeastlady
northeastlady Community member Posts: 34 Connected
Hi all. As a lot of us wonder about LCWRA timescales, new claims from sending your initial form back to an assessment date, and then from the assessment to a decision and payment, I wondered if it may be helpful if we just stated an area and the dates?? Every claim is different but an idea of areas timescale for each step could be useful in one place??

Comments

• northeastlady
    I'm in Middlesbrough, but only submitted my completed claim form by post 28.06.21 so had a confirmation back it was received their end but not expecting anything for a while yet. Will update as I get anything.
  • Lee99
    Lee99 Community member Posts: 23 Courageous
    HI I'm in Blackpool mine was a reassessment that took place by phone on the 27th February nearly 20 weeks waiting for decision 
  • steveo928
    steveo928 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    I sent my form off back in May but have heard nothing back from DWP. I’m getting worried that they may not have received it? I’ve had no updates and the advisor accepting my fit notes online as moved to my local job centre from the Wrexham service centre.

West Midlands here 
  • MarcKeirle
    MarcKeirle Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    edited July 2021
    Somerset here. Claim started with fitnotes on the start of march 2020 took 4 months to get my UC50 form. advisor accepted fitnote declarations via journal throughout covid times then took until early June 2021 for a telephone assessment , awarded LCWRA on the 17th of June ,best part of 3 weeks wait after for backdating award letter stating amount owed still awaiting that payment will update my post when I finally get it to give people a idea of time frame from award to payment.
  • cwatson0000
    cwatson0000 Community member Posts: 56 Connected
    I began my claim in March 2021 and reported a fit note… had my forms sent out about 6 weeks after I started my claim. After sending back the forms I was awarded LCWRA after about 2 weeks. 

Belfast, Northern Ireland.
  • carleigh26
    carleigh26 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    Can’t believe you had this back so soon I am still waiting since January 2021 it don’t make sense to me the difference in time scale depending on where you live 
  • Indego123
    Indego123 Community member Posts: 16 Listener
    I started handing in fit notes last year in February 2020. Sent my UC50 form back a few months later In June 2020. Never heard a thing until a year later In June 2021. Went for my assessment last week on Monday the 19th July, on Thursday 22nd had a message in my journal telling me I had been accepted for LCWRA. So just a waiting game now.
    Middlesbrough.
  • northeastlady
    Indego123 said:
    I started handing in fit notes last year in February 2020. Sent my UC50 form back a few months later In June 2020. Never heard a thing until a year later In June 2021. Went for my assessment last week on Monday the 19th July, on Thursday 22nd had a message in my journal telling me I had been accepted for LCWRA. So just a waiting game now.
    Middlesbrough.
    Crikey, sounds like they had stopped processing them at all then for a while, was your assessment face to face then? I'd assume you would be backdated though to June 2020 so eligible from 3 months after so roughly September 2020 onwards, hopefully that may mean a backdated payment for you too x
  • Sheree_8
    Sheree_8 Community member Posts: 80 Courageous
    I put in my forms around Feb/March received notification in May to say I was awarded LCWRA, my 3 month waiting has now ended so hopefully get payment in. August. No idea what backpay there br
    Sheree
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    northeastlady said:...sounds like they had stopped processing them at all then for a while, ..
    Exactly so which is why there is such a backlog.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • carleigh26
    Sheree8 did you have assessment also I thought the 3 month wait started when they received your forms 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @carleigh26

The waiting period starts from when you reported your medical condition and provide fit notes 
  • Sheree_8
    @carleigh26 hi I didn't have face to face assessment or telephone. I did send off quite a bit of medical letters from my Respiratory Consultant and my Respiratory Nurse team at hospital along with GP and Occupational Health Therapist with my shielding letters to. 
    Sheree
  • Sheree_8
    @carleigh26 my waiting time started from April to July. As they made decision at end of March 
    Sheree
  • Pinkity
    Pinkity Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    I started my claim in March 2018. Despite reminders from my work coach, it was August 2020 before I received a UC50. My assessment appointment on 28th September 2020 was cancelled and was not rescheduled until July 14th 2021, after further prompting from a different work coach. I'm in Yorkshire.
  • ShelleyT
    ShelleyT Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Nottinghamshire. East Midlands

Started my claim for my disabled son January,had the work capability assessment through phone at the beginning of April. Enquired about it and they were surprised it wasn't sorted and was advised it would be cleared mid june payment by our case manager but not done. Sons advisor has tried to chase it up but got nowhere as they only hear about the decision when we do. 
    Will update if we hear anything.
  • carleigh26
    I am from South Wales my 1st fit note was sent in January and they revived my uc50 form on the 2nd March and still waiting I did phone them to confirm that the had received the form though 
  • northeastlady
    I had my assessment by telephone this Monday 27th September, I got my decision letter in to my UC journal today that they have decided I have LCWRA and that my next statement will advise on benefit changes and that these take effect 3 months after I first provided evidence, so I'm assuming that means my first fit note.

So my fit note started in may, I submitted it to them 24.05.21. I received my uc50 form the week after when I spoke with the work coach, it was submitted 28.06.21, my assessment letter arrived 13.09.21 and my call was 27.09.21 and my decision came today 30.09.21.  
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    It depends on the dates of your assessment periods. There's a 3 full month assessment period waiting time and the LCWRA is then paid from the 4th month. The waiting period starts from when you reported your health condition because you then have 7 days to submit your fit note. So potentially paid from September/October depending on the extact dates of your AP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • northeastlady
    I received my first lcwra payment in with my normal UC this month. It's been a huge help getting the extra in this month's, was able to do a bigger much needed shop for essentials.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.