Disabled people
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Hi, my name is wamda! Has anyone else had a dilation procedure for achalasia and motility disorder?

wamdawamda Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited July 18 in Disabled people
I was recently diagnosed with achalasia and motility disorder of the esophagus. I will be having dilation proceedure in a few weeks and I am really anxious about it. Has anyone else had it?

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,008 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Sorry you are feeling anxious about your treatment 

I don't know anything about this but I hope others will 

Just wanted to say hi 

Feel free to join in or ask any questions 
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Posts: 4,959

Scope community team

Welcome to the community @wamda :) Thanks for joining. Are you having a good weekend? 

It's understandable that you'd be feeling a bit anxious about having a new procedure. It's not something I have experience of, but I've renamed your post slightly and moved it into a different category so that other members will be able to find it more easily. 

Have you been able to speak to your doctor about what you should expect, and how you can prepare? I did find some information on Verywell Health, but I'd definitely advise you to speak to your doctor if possible, as they'll be best placed to talk things through with you. Sometimes it's the element of the unknown that can be most anxiety-provoking- is that what you're experiencing at all? 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • wamdawamda Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Yes I have spoken to my consultant and I know exactly what is going to happen. I'm just feeling fearful and was hoping there was someone here who had experienced the proceedure and could share any thoughts on it. I haven't eaten solid food for almost three months and feel anxious about trying to after the proceedure too. 
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 4,097

Scope community team

Hello @wamda

Welcome to the community, good to see you join.

I have no experience of this myself but I hope others do so that they can share their insight with you. I wish you all the best for the procedure, I'm sure everything will go well and do let us know how you get on :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Talk to our chatbot and give us feedback on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.