Hello! I am a disabled student Geologist — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello! I am a disabled student Geologist

Options
RammsteinGirl23
RammsteinGirl23 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello world. I am 29 and from Wales and am a student Geologist who adores heavy metal. My dream is to study Geophysics in Germany <3 I have severe mental illness and fibromyalgia which I have to take Morphine for. I take a lot of medication.

I am glad to find a community like this and I love to make friends so please message me. Until Covid I was pretty much abroad all the time, I have been to many places. My last trip was to Japan and my next on is Germany and Poland. In 2023 I plan to spend 3 months in Japan <3 

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @RammsteinGirl23 and a big, warm welcome to our online community.  We're glad you found us too, although you might disapprove of my music taste - cheesy pop, 90s's dance and a good old power ballad  :D  Which heavy metal groups do you like most?

It sounds like you have lots of hobbies, from travelling, to music and studying too - how are your studies going?  What has been your most favourite place to visit?  I'll be honest, Wales coastline is up there with my dream destinations.  

Also, I'm sorry you have severe mental illness and Fibromyalgia.  Is the morphine carefully reviewed by your care team?  And, do you feel you have enough support with both conditions?  You might find browsing our Mental Health issues and Invisible impairments category interesting, and will likely be able to resonate with others stories.

Please let us know if you need any help with absolutely anything and I hope to speak again with you soon.  Stay safe.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @RammsteinGirl23 - welcome to the community, & thank you for joining. My son studied Geology for his A levels, & thoroughly enjoyed it, as I imagine you are. What a great ambition you have; I wish you every success. I look forward to seeing you around the forum. :)
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @RammsteinGirl23 !

I am a 46yo Geophysicist (well, not working now). I did some shallow geophys (mostly seismic, GPR, magnetometry), then got an MSc in Geosystems and worked as a Research Seismologist in global nuclear monitoring. I was halfway through my PhD in Seismology when I became disabled by chronic pain, and they kicked out of my programme. Charming. I also have an assortment of MH probs. 

I love Rammstein! I saw them live in Cambridge, MA, US in the 90s, tho, and they were underwhelming. I like some metal, but more indistrial/goth. What are your favourite bands? 

You're amazing, to travel so much!!

What kind of geophys are thinking of studying? Where in Germany?

Cheers!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.