Scope research project on accessible sport - £45 voucher for participants
Hi everyone! I'm James from Scope's Research Panel. The Research Panel is a group of disabled people (and parents and carers of disabled children) who take part in research projects with Scope. Our projects include surveys, one to one sessions, online focus groups and more.
This time, Scope want to know how tennis (and other sports) can be more inclusive for disabled people. We're holding three online focus groups in July to hear how sport can make you feel more included and more comfortable.
Normally all the participants would be members of our Research Panel, but I'm looking for a wide range of participants. So this could be a great chance for you to have your say as a disabled person or parent/carer, and get a £45 voucher. It's okay if you don't currently play tennis or sport, I want to hear from all sorts of people!
The focus groups will take 90 minutes in total (including several breaks). In each focus group, you and 5 other disabled people will chat to Maria from Scope about:
- what you think about tennis and other sports as a disabled person
- the barriers for disabled people who want to play sport
- how venues can be more accessible
Afterwards, Scope will make some recommendations for how disabled sport can be more accessible. By taking part, you'll help Scope and improve disabled people's access to sport. As a thank you for your time and effort, there is a £45 voucher for each participant. The £45 can be spent online or in shops at Amazon, Argos, Tesco, Asda and lots more.
The sessions are scheduled for:
- 22nd July at 2pm to 3:30pm
- 28th July at 11am to 12:30pm
- 29th July at 2pm to 3:30pm.
Other important details:
- the online session will take place as a video call using Microsoft Teams, so you don't need to travel. You don't need to have your camera on if you don't want to.
- we'll record the session so Maria can listen back to it.
I'm interested in taking part!
Email James via [email protected]. It would also be useful to know:
- Which of the focus groups you're available for (on 22nd, 28th and 29th July)
- Whether or not you play tennis, or do any other sport or exercise
Panel Lead, Scope
Here East Press Centre
14 East Bay Lane, Stratford, East London
Click here to join Scope's Research Panel