PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

I've had my change of circs assessment. DWP have received my report. Should I ask for a copy?

holly83holly83 Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited July 20 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi guys 
I've had my change.of.circs assesment today.....finished at 11am. Had a text message at 13.45 to say dwp has received my report.not sure if that is good or not should I ask for a copy.or.just wait I'm very.very.anxious. 

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,008 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

The report is usually returned same day or next day so nothing to worry about 

You can request a copy but some people find it cause more anxiety as it isn't the decision and they may not go with the report though in most cases they will 
  • chiariedschiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 9,048 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @holly83 - & welcome to the community. I hope your assessment went well. As Jane says, sometimes it's better to just wait for your decision letter. Kindly let us know how you get on, thank you. :)
  • holly83holly83 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    I've been told ifntjey hold on to it it's because they audit it. If its returned quickly its not audited. Also now they have it I can request a copy. But think that will cause more stress and I've been through it last year this is just a change of cirts. Last year they took 4 weeks to return the report to dwp. And I received 0 for everything. I took it all the way to tribunal and got higher care lower mob I've reapplied to get.full for both as that is what I should be on.will post soon as I know 
  • chiariedschiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 9,048 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for your reply @holly83 - hopefully you will be more successful this year. :) Meanwhile, do have a look around the forum & join in with any discussions of interest. The virtual 'Coffee lounge' is often a good place to start.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,533 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 20
    I would always argue there is zero merit in obtaining a copy of the report. If it's in your favour you're anxious about whether that will result in a positive decision. If it doesn't recommend an award then there's a whole pile of anger, accusations, anxiety and other stuff whilst you wait for the actual decision and you become so fixated on the HCP and their report that, if you need to do an MR, you will focus solely on that rather than the weaknesses in your claim pack and supporting evidence.

As I've said previously on here, find me a WR adviser who recommends that a claimant obtains a report. I've yet to meet one. 
Sign in or join us to comment.