Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Give the community team your thoughts on gaming through this short survey

Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 4,114

Scope community team

edited July 21 in Coffee lounge

Survey on gaming

Hello all :) 

Video gaming has become a much more prominent hobby for disabled people in recent years, advances in technology and the level of attention paid to making games more accessible being just a couple of the reasons why. There's never really been a better time to get involved in gaming.
We want to gather your thoughts and experiences of playing games through a short survey, which should only take a few minutes of your time to complete.
It is completely anonymous, and your feedback will be used to shape any future activities or content we feature on the community going forward, so it's important to have your say.

The link to the survey is here:
Click here to be taken to the survey.

Big thanks to @Globster for helping us put this together.

image of two video game controllers
Online Community Coordinator

Talk to our chatbot and give us feedback on the community.
Tagged:

Replies

• 66Mustang66Mustang Community Co-Production Group Posts: 5,061 Disability Gamechanger
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 4,114

Scope community team

Brilliant @66Mustang, thank you!

• GarzaGarza Member Posts: 129 Pioneering
    done, great survery

Scope community team

Garza said:
    done, great survery
    Awesome, thank you!

• DragonslayerDragonslayer Community Co-Production Group Posts: 1,127 Pioneering

Scope community team

Done. Thanks.
    Super, thank you!

• vasonkulvasonkul Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Done

Vishaal A Sonkul
    Reginal Coordinator - TAA SagarMitra Abhiyan
    Jaldoot - Yashada Water Literacy Centre, Pune
    Vice President - Sankalp Fondation
    Core Team Member - Tapi River Basin Samanvay Group
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Posts: 5,009

Scope community team

Thanks @vasonkul :) 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • NickDevNickDev Member Posts: 5 Listener
    edited July 28
    I did not take the survey cause I'm on the "other end" as a game developer. However I would like to suggest something of a communication channel between developers and disabled users of all kinds. A developer must get a chance to understand how and what the needs are before it can be implemented in games. So it would be good if the developers had somewhere to present test versions of games for people to try out and comment. This part is quite difficult. It's difficult to mail or call people when you don't know who to ask, it could be perceived as spam. Where do you go to find users that are interested in the technique and want to give feedback? It took me some time to find this forum, and for me it's probably a bit easier cause I also have a background in psychology. Let's say if you had a channel on this forum where game developers could present their games, you probably would drown in some bad and not relevant game presentations. On the other hand there would certainly among them be games that could be useful.
    Solution: I don't know. Perhaps a form where the developers could list things that you as community users know are important aspects.
    I could also recommend a pinned post on Unity Forum, subforum "General Discussion" the post is called "Accessibility and inclusion". The post is perhaps most about accessibility for disabled developers but you could join the discussion or start another post from user perspective.
    Unity is a game engine and have lots of developers using it. Myself one of them.  I would very much like to ask if there are some people here that would like to try a game I've been working on. Specifically I'm interested in how it would work out for people with impaired motor functions, since it is sound controlled, without need to use buttons.
Sign in or join us to comment.