Understanding UC & LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Understanding UC & LCWRA

Options
DeeOxnard
DeeOxnard Community member Posts: 20 Connected
edited July 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Today I got my arrears from UC omg how do you understand any of it 
June 510.00
May 280.00
April 1090.00
March 650.00
Feb 650.00
January 860.00
December 0.00 to the nearest £

I was on New Style ESA but this ran out waiting for my WCA I sent my UC50 form in August 2020  but was not allowed to claim UC until November 24th 2020.
Me & my husband claim UC as a joint couple after ESA stopped as I had been on it 12 months he is 30 hours week his income is £1250 after tax & NI
we get the full allowance for married couple, 596.58 carer element  163.73 & LCWRA  343.63 which is 1103.94 the first 515 of my husbands wages is not taken into account anything after the 515 we get stopped 63p in the £ that he earns.
Is LCWRA means tested and Carer element?
my husband took on extra hours while waiting for WCA as money was tight.
I was told I would be better off on ESA as my payments would be the same every month where my husbands earning are not affected by what he earns.
does anyone else have problems understanding these statements ???

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2021
    Options
    The LCWRA and carer element are just part of the calculation of your UC maximum amount.
    So your maximum amount is standard allowance plus LCWRA plus carer element.
    Your ESA payments are deducted in full.
    For your husband’s wages there is a deduction of 63% of everything over £515.
    The balance remaining is the amount payable.

For the arrears DWP will have recalculated the amount you should have been paid for each month and then deducted the amount you were actually paid.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • DeeOxnard
    DeeOxnard Community member Posts: 20 Connected
    Options
    Thank you so much you’ve been really helpful Dee

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.