Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Volunteering and working part time while on LCWRA

Big_Al_71Big_Al_71 Member Posts: 5 Listener
edited July 22 in Universal Credit
Hi I was wondering if you can volunteer while receiving LCWRA I have been diagnosed Bipolar 2 years ago I have eventually got LCWRA after a long battle I just dont want to jeopardise my claim . And also can I work part time without it affecting  my claim and how much can I earn .
Thanks in anticipation  of your answers.

Tagged:

Replies

• MarkN88MarkN88 Member Posts: 1,272 Pioneering
    I believe both are possible, however I would expect the work you carry out either on a paid or voluntary basis can’t contradict the problems and issues you were assessed as having and experienced and which why you were awarded LCWRA. 
  • calcotticalcotti Member Posts: 2,173 Pioneering
    As Mark says, there on no restrictions on volunteering or working while treated as having LCWRA. If the type of volunteering/work contradicts the reasons you are treated as having LCWRA that might prompt a reassessment.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Posts: 5,002

Scope community team

I hope the above replies have cleared that up for you @Big_Al_71 :) 

What kind of volunteering and work opportunities are you looking at? 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Big_Al_71Big_Al_71 Member Posts: 5 Listener
     Hi Tori_Scope it is a club that deals with issues that men/ boys with problems with mental health issues loneliness in need of company  etc I am there as a visitor just now but I have been asked to be a volunteer  as I have a lot if knowledge on mental health issues from personal circumstances  from myself and my mum I feel this would be very rewarding  and good to give something back.😁💪😁

• Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Posts: 5,002

Scope community team

Wow, that sounds great @Big_Al_71! Definitely worthwhile :) 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Sign in or join us to comment.