PIP Tribunal. Results. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Tribunal. Results.

Options
TeddyB22
TeddyB22 Community member Posts: 178 Courageous
I attended my Tribunal this afternoon & basically they offered to add standard mobility to my current award of standard daily living. They just wouldn't give me the extra point I needed for Enhanced DL. They had taken Mobility off me last year after a supersession.
I didn't want to go through with the hour long interrogation in front of my CA rep who Tbh has done absolutely nothing for me. No notes, never spoke or offered advice. I should have went with the Law Society bc I think they definitely are wrong. I mean they originally awarded me 2 pts for nutrition but obviously that would mean enhanced in this instance.
I'm done with Appeals and the stress of it all. 
I might try again in a few months. 
Thanks for all the good wishes. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

Sorry to hear you didn't get the results you wanted from your tribunal 

It may not be any consolation but you did get a better award by taking it to tribunal 
  • TeddyB22
    Options
    I was spoiled at my first Tribunal 3 years ago. The rep had written out a statement detailing where she thought they had erred and where she was seeking points. She argued my case before I even sat down in the room for the assessment. She did it so well they awarded me what I wanted (which included the points for nutrition that I was denied today) and I didn't even have to do an assessment. That's the difference between what she did as a rep & what the rep did or didn't do today. 
  • TeddyB22
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    Hi there 

Sorry to hear you didn't get the results you wanted from your tribunal 

It may not be any consolation but you did get a better award by taking it to tribunal 
    I am not totally unhappy, in fact I didn't even mention Mobility, I was so focused on the daily living part. I'm just frustrated at not receiving a point for something that they had originally awarded me. Didn't make sense.
    Thanks for the advice.
    Take care. 
  • TeddyB22
    Options
    Thank you for your feedback Mike.
    It would be unfair I think to bring it any further. She no doubt has helped many people. No one ever gets everything that they want in life, but if you are thoughtful and kind then great things can happen. I'm so lucky I have met so many brilliant people on this site, you included. I don't believe in luck but I believe things are as they are supposed to be. In that I feel blessed.
    Now I am going to try to enjoy what I've been given. I've been able to help others too which is a good feeling. I'm sure I'm not alone in that. Long live Scope. 
    Take care. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.