The worst pain ever has to be… — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The worst pain ever has to be…

Options
MarkM88
MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
Toothache! (Although some women will probably disagree and say childbirth). 

I’ve had toothache since yesterday and I’m a wimp when it comes to the dentist. I think I need to pluck up the courage and go though. 

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Try some tooth tincture from the chemists?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,432 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
                    You are very correct when you say some women will disagree.....you have no idea what real pain is  ;)
            Seriously I hope you get it sorted soon 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @MarkN88 get oragel from chemist it's amazing instant relief 

I've had toothache rotten gums know the pain 

Childbirth is agonising but plenty of pain relief available 

Worts pain ever I've had is burst eardrum jyst b4 it pops 

And pain from intravenous drugs being put in and vein has blown the drugs just go under skin instead causing massive swelling and pain it awful 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,631 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've had kidney stones three times now and women I have spoken to who have had them and children agree that kidney stones are as bad if not worse.
    As for tooth ache I use sensodyn rub it on the affected tooth.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
    edited July 2021
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As a woman I think Labour pain is right at the top but does only last a few hours lol ?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
    Options
    Earache and toothache are my top two.
    Obviously I know it’s not the worst pain ever - I’ve had kidney stones and endured a 36 hour labour and they definitely top my list - but I find earache and toothache really difficult to deal with.
    Good luck at the dentist Mark
  • MarkM88
    Options
    I still put my toothache above kidney stones, as I’ve had them a few times, maybe they didnt impact me as much as it did for others? 

The toothache has gone but I have a few mouth ulcers now, going to get some advice from the pharmacist. 

I still think I best just ring the dentist too and get it over with. The more I over think the more I’ll talk myself out of it. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm glad the toothache has eased off a bit @MarkN88 :) I agree that it's best to get to the dentist if you can though, as it'd be good to find out what's causing it and see if anything needs to be done. You've got this!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Duninn
    Duninn Community member Posts: 184 Pioneering
    Options
    I don’t do pain - I use all pills and potions.  Toothache is one that wins Oil of Cloves or whisky for me - makes me smelly, damages taste buds, puts me in a happy place where toothache hasn’t been invented
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,612 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If we are discussing worst pains then for me psychological "pain" wins.

I went through some really dire psychological torment and at its worst I would have done almost anything to get rid of the "pain" including having all the worst physical pains I've been through back all at the same time :D

Not trying to belittle anyone's physical pain just saying if anyone wanted to torture me then psychologically is the way to do it, I'd be your slave :D
  • Supernanma
    Supernanma Community member Posts: 42 Connected
    Options
    MarkN88 said:
    Toothache! (Although some women will probably disagree and say childbirth). 

I’ve had toothache since yesterday and I’m a wimp when it comes to the dentist. I think I need to pluck up the courage and go though. 

• Supernanma
    Supernanma Community member Posts: 42 Connected
    Options
    Hi, if you have a while to wait for your appointment, then I can recommend a product on Amazon Prime, called "Ambusol"! It got me through an abscess until I got to the dentist. It's reasonable too. Hope it helps. ?
  • yves
    yves Scope Member Posts: 19 Connected
    Options
    I agree toothache can be hell, I had an abcess once , I wanted to rip my tooth out .
    Try oil of cloves,  really worked for me .
  • MarkM88
    Options
    In fairness after the initial pain it just suddenly stopped and I was fine. Although I have plucked up the courage to go and get checked anyway. 
  • Faith2008
    Faith2008 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
    Options
    Sorry child birth snd labour and the whole pregnancy thing isn’t a walk in the park nor is it as nice as a tooth ache. 

I hope your tooth ache has gone. 
  • CoffeeFirst
    CoffeeFirst Scope Member Posts: 200 Pioneering
    Options
    I’d have to say toothache and heart break. Luckily not both together!
  • andyk
    andyk Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    hi just joined you hello every one i have a ruptured disc in two places when i stand up it feel like someone is hitting your funny bone on every step, plus my bonus price is at any time my leg will just kick out lol not fun for my partner katie when we in bed.
    I lost total feel of my top thigh  we have to all laugh at our pains this morning i needed the toilet and forgot i cannot walk and just fell over on the floor iam so pleased to say i found it very funny and after getting my self up of the floor found myself giggling all the way to the toilet
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I had a dentist heavily distracted by his assistant drill a root canal without anaesthetic once. The pain went from pain to an extreme heat in my head in milliseconds. I said “wow! That was extreme!” As I pulled myself out of his chair and wiped the tears from my face, do you know what he said...absolutely nothing! He then gave me the injection and all was eventually well.  He was sweating profusely I must say.

That pain was so so bad I can barely describe it. 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• gaz1960
    gaz1960 Community member Posts: 292 Pioneering
    Options
    Worst pain???

Being lonely! 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.