Never got my PIP assessment call, but they said they'd rung. Can I have it done at the JobCentre? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Never got my PIP assessment call, but they said they'd rung. Can I have it done at the JobCentre?

Options
Christina872
Christina872 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited July 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello I applied for pip end of January 2021 I eventually had a date on the 8th July even though they had stacks of my doctors files and hospital files.I suffer from complex ptsd and also I have severe pain in lower back.I asked for them to record the assessment they then said it will have to be on the 27th July as they have to get things set up with the recording as it would be on the phone.On the Friday before I recieved a text message saying all the details and if I had to cancel then to let them know.On the 27th they were due to call me at 2.15 afternoon 3.15 no call so I called them to be told that they had tried three times there is no way that they called I even had my support worker here to help me I checked my phone to make sure no withheld numbers were blocked or 0800 numbers I even called EE to check.So they lied they sent me back to deposit saying did not attend I called d W p and explained what had happened they then sent to back to the assesors needless to say that I was sobbing I’m suicidal as it is I sat with all my notes and my support worker was here as well.I have put in a complaint about this as over six months is a long time to be waiting I have asked that because I requested the call logs evidence from them they did not leave any voice message at all thank you I’m also scared if it happens again can I request for the phone call to be done at the job centre because I’m petrified this can happen again apparently they have done this to many other claimants 

Comments

• rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 539 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi welcome to the community,

I'm sorry this has happened to you, I have heard this happening a few times with members and seems to be a common problem. Hopefully you get another appointment soon and your not kept waiting again too long, maybe something went wrong with the recording equipment connecting the call correctly (Idk).

I'm not sure jobcentres are open to the public yet, however work coaches have gone back to working at jobcentres so maybe they will open again soon.

I wish you all the best and fingers crossed for you.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Christina872 :) I've sent you an email from community@scope.org.uk, so please do take a look when you get a moment. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Christina872

I'm just checking in to see how you are?  Have you heard anything more about what happened or do you have a new date for the assessment?

I hope you're keeping ok.  Take care and we're here if you need us.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Christina872
    Options
    Hi I put in a complaint then the manager called she is investigating she said she can see that they may have called twice but they supposed to call three times.she is going to demand to see the phone from where they called from but she said they did not follow protocol I’m awaiting for a new date I started this journey in January my mental health is struggling as well as may have a tumour on my brain
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Christina872

Thanks for your response and the update, it's good that the manager is investigating the situation and hopefully it can be resolved soon.

I'm sorry to hear that you are still struggling with your mental health, do take note of the resources we sent in our previous email and get back in touch with us if you have any questions or need any further support. 

Sorry to hear about the potential tumour, I hope that's not the case.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Christina872
    Options
    Hi regardless of recording they lied when they said they had called the complaints even said they had not followed protocol they have all notes from go and hospital they were lazy maybe they don’t want to pay out and I’m not the only one that they have messed about with 
  • Christina872
    Options
    Mike I’m not bothered if I get it or not the problem is LYING SAYING THEY HAD CALLED.I waited by the phone all day had everything ready and I do have a brain tumour and the stress this has called is not not on I don’t like to be treated this way so thank you for your observation and why did they I wonder I’m not the only one thank you 
  • Christina872
    Options
    Well had my assessment two hours I recorded it they didn’t.I have been offered 50 pounds compensation because they found out the call had not been made so a result there.it is very hard to tell them about how your mental health affects you the bus question was silly I have a car but I never go out only with someone I can’t deal with lots of people I kept being asked what would happen if I did he just could not get it if I have a car why would I try to get on a bus still waiting game now
  • Christina872
    Options
    As regards my focus and energy Mike I have done all I can I am sure they had plenty of evidence  to make an informed decision.The reason why I came on this forum was to discuss and get an opinion on i a s protocol which they had not followed when making my phone call this caused me undue distress it’s not d w p fault it’s the assessment thank you 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.