I've just applied for PIP. Any advice? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've just applied for PIP. Any advice?

Options
Brightday
Brightday Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited July 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everybody,
I'm a newbie.
I'm in my 60,s and Have fibro, depression and a few other probs.
I've just applied for pip and any help  how to go about this would be very much appreciated.
Also, I've been on my local council list..they phoned me and said they had a bungalow..I thought great..then comes the but...You have to be on pip or another benefit...but when offered it to me they knew I was only getting Universal credit and housing,  so waiting to hear from them!
I get Universal credit, housing benefit and LWCRA at the moment.

Thank you in advance for any help x

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Brightday :)

What stage are you at with PIP- have you completed the initial form? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Girl_No1
    Girl_No1 Community member Posts: 152 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Brightday Welcome to the community! 

There's plenty of advice available on here relating to submitting the application, prior to the assessment, waiting for the result and, if necessary, how to apply for a MR (Mandatory Reconsideration of the decision).  Sometimes, people who feel the award given is not the correct award even after MR go on to the Tribunal stage.  But, BUT, it's best to concentrate on the stage you are at and, possibly, the next stage, rather than look too far ahead!  

You've submitted your application.  Have you received a text confirming DWP have received your application?  If not, when did you submit the application?  There are currently some mail delays with DWP, so others will know if your wait to receive your text is excessive or not.

What was the other benefit housing said you need to have to be eligible for the bungalow?  
  • Brightday
    Brightday Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Thank you all for replying to me.
    I'm still waiting for the form.
    I went to see the bungalow and said I would take it..now waiting for confirmation..I'm impatient and get stressed .  Now a whole lot of more stress..moving?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.