PIP review form postage delay — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP review form postage delay

Options
Butterfliess
Butterfliess Community member Posts: 76 Connected
I contacted pip in may to inform them that I had made some improvements with my conditions. I felt that I needed to inform them because I was worried if I did not it would come back on me later down the line. 
I received the pip review form and was told it needed to be returned on the 4th of august (3months) which shocked me as it is usually within a month. I was told this was due to a Covid extension.
I returned the form last Wednesday 21st as I was waiting on help to fill the form out from improving lives.
I called pip today to see if it has arrived with them and they informed me it still has not. I’m concerned that it It does not arrive before the 4th I will loose my award? The man on the phone said that because it’s not my fault and is down to a delay in Royal Mail that I should not loose my award. 
Does anyone know if they will still just automatically cut my award off? I’m hoping it still does get there by the 4th. I should have posted it sooner but there is massive delays in getting support to fill forms out.
any help would be really appreciated ☺️

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    I think at the moment it’s taking quite a few weeks to get added to the system. It’s not as straight forward as just receiving it. 

It goes to a mail centre which then goes to DWP and then it needs scanned onto the system and allocated to your claim. 

Did you keep a copy of the review just in case? Have you retained the proof of postage? 

The 21st was only last week and we have had a weekend since then too so it’s hardly been anytime really. 
  • Butterfliess
    Options
    I did not send it recorded postage I just, I wasn’t aware I needed too.
    I did take photos of the form before I sent it as I always do for reference ect.
    if it is not with them by the 4th and not scanned in ect will they stop my award? The man said he’s popped a note on the system to say I have posted it and not to stop my award but I’m aware that they may not take that into account. I’m very worried I may loose my pip because of the delay in postage? 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    For future reference you don’t need to send signed for/special delivery to get proof of postage, you can just take it in to the post office and ask for a proof of postage receipt. 

In terms of would your benefit be stopped if they don’t receive it by the 4th I’m not sure. 

I’m sure members with knowledge around this will respond. 
  • Butterfliess
    Options
    Thankyou, I will definitely do that next time. I just popped it straight into the post box and didn’t think much more of it.

hopefully someone will be able to advise if I may loose my pip if it arrives late? Considering I did post it in time I hope I don’t loose it because of a delay in postal service ect.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Butterfliess

I'm sorry this delay is causing you worry.  Unfortunately, PIP have recently been experiencing delays with post due to Royal Mail staff having to self-isolate, amongst other factors, and you definitely aren't alone in this position.  You've done the right thing by contacting the PIP helpline and your payment shouldn't be affected.  I'd recommend giving them a call in another couple of days to see if there's any update.

Please let us know how you get on and good luck :) 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

It takes around 3 weeks for post to show as being received and scanned 

As you have contacted them and a note put on the system you won't have your claim stopped 

I would contact them again on the 2nd to see if they have it if not ask them to put an extension on 
  • Butterfliess
    Options
    @Cher_Scope thankyou so much for your reply, im glad I called them to tell them I had posted it, they have put a note on the system. They also informed me that they have added an extension to everyone’s award of a month ontop of the original Covid extension. So fingers crossed my award will be ok and I will not have my payments stopped.
    thankyou all for your reply’s and advice it really has helped calm me ☺️

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.