Boredom due to long covid syndrome. Any suggestions? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Boredom due to long covid syndrome. Any suggestions?

Options
RoyDunn59
RoyDunn59 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited July 2021 in Coffee lounge
I've been living with long covid syndrome for 15 months although I've got a fantastic circle of friends etc I get bored very quickly. I've tried painting by numbers but with a benign hand tremors this is difficult. It is hard to get out due to illness so entertainment is at home.  TV and radio are fine but only for a while. Any suggestions welcome 
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

I understand the boredom I hardly get out either 

Try jigsaw or some crosswords or puzzle books 

Maybe colouring might be easier than paint by numbers 

There are online games and drawing or jigsaw I used to use magic puzzles website 
  • RoyDunn59
    Options
    Excellent never thought of jigsaws haven't done one for over 40 years thank you 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2021
    Options
    You might try building models from matchsticks. Using a pair of tweezers to place pieces may help.

basket weaving could also be quite profitable these days.

knitting?

all depending on how severe the hand tremors are of course.

audio books maybe.
    ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello there @RoyDunn59

I'm sorry to hear you have long covid, has your GP been able to support you with managing your symptoms?  

You've already had some great suggestions (I love a jigsaw!) and I wonder if you might enjoy listening to podcasts too?  I listen to one every night to help me relax for bed and there's some fascinating subjects covered.  If you have the Apple podcasts app you can listen on there, or alternatively have a little nosey at these BBC podcasts to get started.

One of our members @chiarieds previously created this 'Activities for the little grey cells' thread that contains lots of things to pass the time too including online crossword puzzles, games and word searches.  Perhaps give that a little read?

Of course, you are always more than welcome to join us for a virtual natter so feel free to get involved where'er you like :)

Take care and I hope we can speak again soon.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • RoyDunn59
    Options
    Yes the doctors are doing what they can but as yet no medication as they don't know what exactly they're dealing with.  It appears to be a long process with no light at the end of the tunnel. 
    My mental health isn't too bad at present 
    .Will take your advice and listen to some podcasts. Thank you for your support and suggestions 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,673 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I find reading helps with boredom, and of course being an active member of this forum !
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• RoyDunn59
    Options
    Very true use to love reading will see if my ex will take me up town over the weekend 
    Thanks for the suggestions 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.