People shapeshifting on TV — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

People shapeshifting on TV

Options
rubin16
rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 562 Pioneering
I thought I would watch some tv as not watched it in a while, but keep finding people shapeshift on it. Like one min they look one way and on the next screen they look completley different like a totally new person, but they are the same person and have the same name. Just I can't reconise them as they have shapeshifted.

Has anyone else noticed this before?
I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @rubin16

Hmm, I haven't noticed anything like that before to be honest.  How are you feeling otherwise?  Have you had a good nights sleep and do you have anyone at home with you to talk about it? 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi,

I am pretty numb at the moment, but surviving, and not had a good nights sleep as keeping waking up at 3am/4am and staying up for a few hours and then catnap. I don't talk to anyone to be honest, I live with my step dad but I just stay in my room all day.

Just each time I watch TV I can't concentrate on what is happening becuase the person shifts into someone else and looks completley different. I was watching the olympics this morning and it was like I was time travelling as the person was gradually getting older and older on screen till she became unreconizable and into someone else.Newsreaders are the worst for it and will shapeshift their looks from different stories.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hey @rubin16 :) I've sent you an email so we can chat to you about this a bit more.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • shadyswife1
    shadyswife1 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Hiya 

I havent seen this on tv but I have on music videos, im very intrigued and will start to pay attention more. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.