Hi, I'm jet2007. I submitted my PIP claim 21 wks ago. Is this the average timescale for waiting? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm jet2007. I submitted my PIP claim 21 wks ago. Is this the average timescale for waiting?

Options
jet2007
jet2007 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
edited August 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My claim (PIP) has been with the Assessment centre 16 weeks . 21 since my claim was submitted . Is this the average timescale of waiting :( 

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @jet2007 and a warm welcome to our community.  How are you doing today? 

Just to check, is your question related to a PIP claim you've submitted?
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • jet2007
    Options
    Hello Cher yes I’ve just edited it . Pip claim yes. Thank you for the warm welcome :) x
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2021
    Options
    No worries, I've just moved it to our PIP, DLA and AA category and amended the title to help others spot it :)

Unfortunately, the PIP system is under increased pressure due to the fallout of COVID-19 and a few members have reported claims taking 10 months.  This means, sadly, we wouldn't be able to advise of a reliable timeframe for when you should expect news.  Make sure to hang on in there and we'll keep our fingers crossed for you an update soon.

Please let us know if you need help further down the line (or at any time).  Good luck.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • jet2007
    Options
  • Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Options
    Maybe try calling them up and asking if its progressing? I know they may not be able to tell you much but its only when i called the last time i did to check if they had received something i had posted the man on phone looked into how long id been waiting and told me i should hear something in next 2 weeks as its taking 8-10 weeks at present to do a mandatory reconsideration and a week later mine was all sorted out? So maybe if you call them they can give you some info to put your mind at rest? ??
  • jet2007
    Options
    Hello :) I’ve called numerous times . Nothing changes with what they are advising because of COVID etc . :( anytime soon was 4 weeks ago . I feel a pain and deflated every time I call :( . X
  • Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Oh no thats rubbish! Sorry hun! :-( i don't know what to suggest? I guess you will just have to wait to hear from them then? At least you know they do actually have it and will have to look at it ? Also the only positive thing would be the arrears you may end up getting if they make you wait ages? Sorry trying to find positives in a rubbish situation! Probably failing miserably ???? it is taking some time now i read recently someone had been waiting since November for an assessment!! So you're not alone! Hope you get news asap and also hope its the right news!
  • jet2007
    Options
    Exactly:) thank you for your reply . I did see 25 plus :( you are correct I’ll just have to painfully keep waiting on them . X

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.