Update about support from council and OT. Awaiting grant decision to fund wet room. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Update about support from council and OT. Awaiting grant decision to fund wet room.

Options
miricleman0718
miricleman0718 Community member Posts: 26 Connected
Hi all. 
When I first joined the site I got a lot of help and advice about accessing support from the council, I have since had occupational therapist at my house checking out what help I need and what they can give they are fitting a step at the front door and she gave me a form to fill in which I filled in and sent off for a grant to have my bathroom change to a wet room or similar.  Fingers crossed As the bathroom was always been a struggle at having to climb into the bath with handrails, would be much better with a walk in  shower but I can only hope the decision is a yes and I get what I need.  

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @miricleman0718 Thanks for coming back to give us an update, I remember speaking with you before.  How are you doing?

It's good to know that you've been assessed by the relevant people and are close to getting the aids and adaptations needed.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for good news soon.  

Just to let you know, I've amended your thread title and moved it to our Housing and independent living category for others to spot it and reply easier.  If you could keep us posted on any progress that would be fab.

Take care and hope to talk again soon.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • miricleman0718
    miricleman0718 Community member Posts: 26 Connected
    Options
    Hi all if you remember while when I joined you gave me a lot of help and advice going forward with adult social care and applying for other stuff and I'm pleased to announce that I got my grant from the council in full got a phone call Monday stating that I've got my grant in full for the bathroom. So just waiting now see what happens next,  I have also had help with home visits from the physio etc, so thanks for the help and advice and I'll let know the outcome when it happens ???
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,655 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good luck hope all works out for you, keep us updated won't you?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great news thanks for letting us know is and hope it all goes to plan 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Super news @miricleman0718, thanks for the update!
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.