Hi, my name is Nellyelly! I had some help filling out my PIP form but the writing is illegible — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Nellyelly! I had some help filling out my PIP form but the writing is illegible

Options
Nellyelly
Nellyelly Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited August 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, I've just joined, nice to meet you all. I'm in despair as got help yesterday to complete a PIP review form but when I got home & was checking it to make sure he had included everything I said & also had to add a couple of dates to the form that I'd forgotten to take the paperwork for, I've realised the writing is practically illegible! I have to send it off as I've had 2 extensions but I don't think they're going to be able to decipher it....what can I do? I'm so stressed out over the whole thing & keep crying ever since I received the form! I have no help from anyone & really struggling with life at the moment which is badly affecting my depression & sleep & pain levels! 
Sorry for long post but can anyone help?

PS, I know all the different agencies but what I need is someone to come round & practically help me go through all my medical paperwork which is in a big pile & help with future forms also. I did take all the paperwork with me which was a struggle as I don't drive but he wouldn't look through it & I got in a mess so probably haven't even included half the information I needed to!

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Nellyelly

Welcome to the community, nice to meet you. 

I am sorry to hear of how this process has impacted your well-being, especially after getting the form filled in and the relief that comes with that, only to find out that it's hard to understand the writing. 

If you have concerns around them understanding what the writing says, you could call up and explain those concerns to the DWP to see what they say about it. Once they've received it they might be able to confirm to you whether it is legible or not.

Do you have any friends or loved ones who can help you with your paperwork? I am unsure of exactly where you would be able to find professional support from somebody who would come to your home, but Advice Local is a good place to look for such support. 

It's concerning to read that you are struggling with life at the minute, and with your mental health. Do you have any support in place from anybody, such as your GP or other health professionals, to manage daily tasks and your mental health?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Nellyyelly - welcome to the community. I'm so sorry to read about the difficulties you've had with your PIP review form. I think Ross' idea is a good one to ring up & explain, as the best thing would be to get another form sent out.
    The only other thing I can think that may be helpful is to see if you can get an advocate to help you. Please see: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/social-care-and-support-guide/help-from-social-services-and-charities/someone-to-speak-up-for-you-advocate/
    I know one of our members was helped by Voiceability, but they're not in all areas: https://www.voiceability.org/
    In the meanwhile, all you need for your PIP review, as far as medical evidence goes is just 2 or 3 things which may give your diagnosis, if that. As PIP is about how your disability affects you with regard to certain activities of daily living &/mobility, lots of medical letters, for example, are not needed, as your diagnosis won't be in dispute. So please don't worry about your medical evidence (more than 50% of people are awarded PIP with no medical evidence whatsoever). :)
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,655 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Nellyelly hi and welcome to scope, I'm sure the DWP are used to receiving forms that are barely legible, as for evidence it's usually a good case that less is more, they wouldn't have time to read through page after page.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.