How long usually does it take for PIP arrears to be paid? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long usually does it take for PIP arrears to be paid?

LeeA380
LeeA380 Community member Posts: 59 Connected
Some successful people on here speak of a few days, and yet some are told that arrears and the confirmation letter both take around 7-10 days.

I struggle to see why making a payment to the claimant (after authorisation) takes longer than a few days.

But I suppose there is a backlog in the arrears/debt management offices too?

Comments

• TeddyB22
    TeddyB22 Community member Posts: 178 Courageous
    I'm in the same boat. I was awarded the standard rate of mobility at an appeal on 23rd July. I got a letter saying they were paying it from 10th August 2020. I got my normal payment PIP today but no arrears. I'm wondering if it comes separate. I just hope I don't have to chase it up. 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    TeddyB22 said:
    I'm in the same boat. I was awarded the standard rate of mobility at an appeal on 23rd July. I got a letter saying they were paying it from 10th August 2020. I got my normal payment PIP today but no arrears. I'm wondering if it comes separate. I just hope I don't have to chase it up. 
    The arrears payment will be separate.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • LeeA380
    LeeA380 Community member Posts: 59 Connected
    calcotti said:
    TeddyB22 said:
    The arrears payment will be separate.
    I am not sure when I am due to be paid traditionally anyway. As I havent recieved my award letter yet. Yet the lady on the phone who overturned my initial rejection in the MR said the arrears AND the award letter will both take 7-10 days.

I just would have presumed the arrears to arrive earlier, as most people on here say they get the arrears sum in their bank before the letter arrives...

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.