Let BBC Radio 4 know about your experiences with stair lifts — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Let BBC Radio 4 know about your experiences with stair lifts

Options
Ross_Alumni
Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
edited August 2021 in Research and opportunities

Hi all

We have been contacted by BBC Radio 4, who want to know your experiences of stair lifts and if you have ever had any challenges with them.

Following some contact from a listener, the radio station wants to gather the thoughts and experiences of disabled people in the hope that they can highlight the issues faced by stair lift users. 

You only have until Friday to send us your comments, so not too long at all.

BBC R4 want to know:

• Has anyone had issues with their stair lift?
  • Has anyone been stranded upstairs for a number of days as a result of stair lift issues?
  • How did they cope?
  • How much did it cost to resolve?

Thank you
Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
Tagged:

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I got stuck upstairs last week, triggered my PTSD horribly. Thankfully someone came out the same day we contacted them.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    @Ami2301

I'm sorry to hear that Ami, but I'm glad that you were able to get somebody out quickly to help.

How are you now?

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Ami2301
    Options
    Apprehensive every time I use it now. It triggered my PTSD as it reminded me of being bedbound in ICU, albeit I could be transferred onto my commode to go to the toilet (now, not back when I was in ICU), there was nothing else I could do apart from being stuck in bed. 

I've been having flashbacks every day since last Monday and have found some days difficult to deal with.
  • Ross_Alumni
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that @Ami2301, it sounds very hard. Is your husband supporting you through this challenging spell?

If there's anything we can do, please let us know, our inbox is always open at community@scope.org.uk.

• Ami2301
    Options
    Thanks Ross, when it's flashbacks, I just have to wait until they stop, I've found nothing that helps.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    Okay @Ami2301, I see. 

Well take care, and perhaps speak with your GP if things persist :) 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.