PIP first time success! Here’s my timeline for all those still waiting! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP first time success! Here’s my timeline for all those still waiting!

Options
Charlotteld24
Charlotteld24 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
After reading and scrolling this forum for the long monthly drawn out process for PIP we’ve reached the end and I would love to share my time line to help those still in the process and waiting, I understand everyone’s different but there is some hope!

12th November 2020 - first phone call
End of November 2020  - Pip1 
February 16th - pip 2
June 16th - Health assessment (failed and become an appointee and rescheduled)
June 30th - Health assessment. 
July 7th-30th - DM still had the assessment and ‘was taking longer than usual’
July 30th - Claim awarded. Was told over the phone what I was awarded, when I will be payed and the first day of my single payment without backpay in 4 weeks time (advised backpay would be 3/4 working days from the exact time DM awarded) also told it was an ongoing award for 10 years.
August 5th - Received Full backpay 

Still awaiting award letter. It was a long stressful and draining time but after my experience, this forum really helped me in the process for my partner and I just wanted to share this timescale to help others along the way :) 
A credit to all regular members, for their continuous support effortlessly on this forum that advise and support everyone. Very helpful and best of luck to you all x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.